Corsair Community

1.2.5 auto startup fails

Ensor

I'm running 1.2.5 and I've got Task Manager set to launch the program at logon, with all privs set.

It launches, but it doesn't initialize the profile, and all sensor/fan icons blink in red.

When I exit the program and manually start it again, it does set the profile and it seems to work OK from there.

Any thoughts anyone?

I tried delaying the task for 30 seconds to make sure everything was properly initialized, however that doesn't fix it.

If I wait until the system is booted and fire it up by hand it works OK. But yeah, then I have to start it manually.

True perhaps, but because it needs Admin privs it throws a UAC prompt on startup if you put it in the startup.

Yes, but you can change the privilege level for all users, including the system to "run as administrator" and it will start up and initialize without a UAC prompt. At least it does on WIN7 x64 pro.

We are looking into this now, I will check with Engineering on Friday and hopefully have and update for you by then.

So Friday came and went, guess this is a bigger problem then they thought, well I continue to use my 100+ $ paper weight. Good thing I have lots of papers.:(:

• 4 weeks later...
So Friday came and went, guess this is a bigger problem then they thought, well I continue to use my 100+ $ paper weight. Good thing I have lots of papers.:(:

I couldn't agree with you more. This is getting a little ridiculous. It is now 3/31/2012 and the issue is still not resolved.

I am sorry I do not have an update at this time please give it a few more days.

Its 3/31 please say give us a year or two with your guys money to test this product to a final realse. I know your tech support but really how much more patients do you guys have with your company? How many more false promisses will you give? Your bound to what the development dept says, but obviously they are not listening!!!!!

I am sorry I do not have an update at this time please give it a few more days.

FAIL. What constitutes a few more days?

To the OP, have you tried running the service with delayed auto start setting? I'm just taking a stab here, but it may rely on other windows services which have not loaded yet. Worth a shot, no?

Yes, I've tried, I thought the same thing. However, no dice.

It will work if you put a shortcut in the startup folder, and hit the OK on the UAC prompt (make sure it is set to run as Administrator) just after booting.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a script which start corsair link about 3 min after bootup; every time all sensors blink red. If I exit corsair link and start it again, then it recognizes things and drops the H80 speed to normal (the only item I have connected to the link at this time is the H80 due to the fan issues).

Archived