Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9D XMP Support?

beastontheroad

Sorry to jump in, i bought this kit to but are unable to use the XMP for some reason, on a P5E3 when i pick XMP i get profile disabled. Ever seen this? and any clue how to get the XMP to work? running on bios 1404.

Thanks in advance.Silnas

I have the same issue here the XMP option is greyed out and made me wonder if this Ram actually supports XMP. It is strange that none of the options are available after enabling the XMP mode.

can you post a screenshot of the spd tab of CPU-z?

anything after 1333 should be an XMP/EPP profile, are there certain slots that need to be occupied for XMP to be activated?

the following is a quote from a review by [H] that did get a 1684/1866 speed from the ram.

i hope this may help!

Overclocking on the P7P55D-E Premium is about as good as it gets. Before proceeding I reset the BIOS defaults, and then disabled all the extra CPU features that I didn't need. TM2, Speedstep, EIST, etc were all disabled. I also disabled PCI-Express spread spectrum as that seems to hinder an overclock in my experience. Otherwise 200MHz BCLK was attained with only minor adjustments. After that I had to fight for it, but even so it wasn't that difficult to go higher. To reach 200MHz BCLK all I had to do was keep the memory within its advertised specifications, (speeds and voltage ranges) and keep the CPU under 3.8GHz. To do that I'd simply back the multiplier down. Remember we are trying to see what the board can do rather than the CPU so keeping the CPU clock down is a good way to help do that. At 3.6GHz or anything close to it, I was able to leave all voltages on "AUTO." It was really that easy. Once I tried to push past 200MHz BCLK, I was forced to increase the IMC voltage slightly to 1.28v. At 205MHz BCLK I was forced to increase the PCH voltage to 1.15v. Using those settings I hit the wall at 210MHz BCLK. Beyond that the settings were largely ineffectual. I think I may be pretty close to the limit of what my test CPU can do, as I've only seen it go past 210MHz BCLK on one motherboard, and even then it didn't do so by very much. (Editor's Note: We have seen this test CPU at 225MHz BCLK, although not stable.)

In regard to memory bus clocking, the P7P55D-E Premium was outstanding as well. The memory dividers didn't allow me to hit the maximum memory speed supported by the RAM while overclocking using the BCLK adjustment, but it came close giving me DDR3 1684MHz speeds with ease. I was able to hit DDR3 1866MHz speeds (the maximum supported by my test RAM) but only while running at stock BCLK settings.

borrowed from http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/03/12/asus_p7p55de_premium_motherboard_review/6

Sorry to jump in, i bought this kit to but are unable to use the XMP for some reason, on a P5E3 when i pick XMP i get profile disabled. Ever seen this? and any clue how to get the XMP to work? running on bios 1404.

Thanks in advance.Silnas

I have the same issue here the XMP option is greyed out and made me wonder if this Ram actually supports XMP. It is strange that none of the options are available after enabling the XMP mode.

Where are you getting that quote from? Can't find it here.

Thats my post which must have gotten lost somewhere in the thread.

And yes i have that strange error in my bios, i can choose XMP but can't choose a profile since its perm. greyed out.

edit: my Mb is a P5E3 running bios version 1404, thought i add that.

Archived