The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-23-2018, 10:03 PM
Corsair James's Avatar
Corsair James Corsair James is offline
iCUE Product Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 4,505
POST ID # = 937096
Corsair James Reputation: 75
Default CUE v2.22.83 is now Live!

CUE v2.22.83 is will be live on our update server (which you can update through CUE). You can also download it on our website under downloads.

Here are the patch notes for this version of CUE:

CUE 2.22.83 Patch Notes
  • Dark Core RGB, Dark Core RGB SE, and K63 Wireless is now officially supported in CUE. Please ensure you download and update the firmware on each of these devices upon installation of the software.
    *For wireless devices, please ensure you unplug and replug dongle after a firmware update is completed as well as a power down and power up of the device to ensure changes are applied properly.
  • Resolved certain issues that may cause a crash upon a startup of CUE.
  • Resolved an issue with single color keyboards and KATAR related to lighting values being inputted manually.
  • Demo Mode now shows VOID PRO instead of VOID.
  • Demo Mode now shows GLAIVE RGB instead of SCIMITAR.
  • K55 RGB now supports a 104-key Korean layout.
  • Resolves various other minor bugs and issues.

Addendem:

1.) For users experiencing issues with Steam and controller devices, we have been able determine the source of the issue is by Steam itself. However, it has been a long delay in getting answers from Valve (which they only finally replied recently). We are looking to develop workarounds to how they poll devices but until they can provide a fix on their side, this will be a Work in Progress.

2.) Various users have reported that some HID devices are not detected in the software after the system is resumed from Sleep/Hibernation. We have investigated this issue and found the cause to be with the Fall Creator's Update in Windows 10. We recommend you update your USB drivers directly from the manufacturer of your motherboard or wait until Microsoft releases a fix for this issue. In the meantime, we will try to investigate a workaround.
__________________

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue


  #2  
Old 01-23-2018, 10:47 PM
hastegag hastegag is offline
Registered User
hastegag's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Northeast US
Posts: 931
POST ID # = 937104
hastegag Reputation: 20
Default

Lookin' good so far, thanks dev team!


  #3  
Old 01-24-2018, 04:25 AM
Xtrem 0911 Xtrem 0911 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 14
POST ID # = 937135
Xtrem 0911 Reputation: 10
Default

With the CUE 2.20.72 - CUE v2.22.83 I have only problems
with the K95 RGB PLATINUM.

I can not adjust static colors!

Only with the CUE v2.19.65 everything works

For the keyboard, I pay 200 euros.

And the software is the last garbage

I no longer buy!

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ApaQKYhQ6KxLhJwLIQ4b0Kc8a6oOgw


  #4  
Old 01-24-2018, 07:39 AM
Scal3z Scal3z is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 937155
Scal3z Reputation: 10
Exclamation

After the update CUE crashes when i try to start it up... i've tried to reinstall but it crashes anyway. worked great before it updated.

EDIT: reinstalled and restarted PC, works fine now.

Last edited by Scal3z; 01-24-2018 at 08:48 AM.


  #5  
Old 01-24-2018, 11:36 AM
u3906663 u3906663 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
POST ID # = 937177
u3906663 Reputation: 10
Default

Doesn't work, crashes on startup. Have tried full uninstall/reinstall (reboots in between), installing/running as Administrator and each time just crashes on opening. Previous version worked fine.

Cannot rollback as Corsair doesn't hold previous CUE software versions on their site, only the current one...

Windows 10 Build 16299, Strafe RGB.


  #6  
Old 01-24-2018, 12:36 PM
hastegag hastegag is offline
Registered User
hastegag's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Northeast US
Posts: 931
POST ID # = 937182
hastegag Reputation: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by u3906663 View Post
Cannot rollback as Corsair doesn't hold previous CUE software versions on their site, only the current one...
Firstly, i recommend clean uninstall reinstalls for anyone having issues. That is if and only if the button in the software fails.

Specifically, backup your cue profiles first, then uninstall everything, then reboot, then download and install patiently (my install took a long time this version even on spankin new hardware) then reboot.

I have a feeling you are wrong about CUE hosting old versions and i just double checked...

http://softwaredownloads.corsair.com...67_release.msi

This works. I am sure they do not appreciate hotlinking old versions, so don't download .67, get .87 and try to make it work first :)


  #7  
Old 01-24-2018, 01:14 PM
hastegag hastegag is offline
Registered User
hastegag's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Northeast US
Posts: 931
POST ID # = 937185
hastegag Reputation: 20
Default

Also rebuilding the windows installer may help as this is an msi.

I think sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

also try:
net start MSIServer
to make sure the installer service is running?


  #8  
Old 01-24-2018, 02:34 PM
u3906663 u3906663 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
POST ID # = 937201
u3906663 Reputation: 10
Default

Hi hastegag,

Many thanks for all your suggestions, tried them all but no difference at first:

I uninstalled everything like you suggested except my settings (as I couldn't open CUE to backup profiles), and it was only after I moved them from [user]/AppData/Roaming/Corsair/ that CUE would then work. Copying back in my backup from that folder crashes it again so it seems I have either a corrupt config or profile(s)

I'm not too fussed as I can always rebuild the profiles, though it is a bit tiresome.

Thanks for your help though.

P.S. It seems you're also better at finding software on the Corsair website than I am too...


  #9  
Old 01-24-2018, 03:08 PM
yellowblanka yellowblanka is offline
Registered User
yellowblanka's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 62
POST ID # = 937210
yellowblanka Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
CUE v2.22.83 is will be live on our update server (which you can update through CUE). You can also download it on our website under downloads.

Here are the patch notes for this version of CUE:

CUE 2.22.83 Patch Notes
  • Dark Core RGB, Dark Core RGB SE, and K63 Wireless is now officially supported in CUE. Please ensure you download and update the firmware on each of these devices upon installation of the software.
    *For wireless devices, please ensure you unplug and replug dongle after a firmware update is completed as well as a power down and power up of the device to ensure changes are applied properly.
  • Resolved certain issues that may cause a crash upon a startup of CUE.
  • Resolved an issue with single color keyboards and KATAR related to lighting values being inputted manually.
  • Demo Mode now shows VOID PRO instead of VOID.
  • Demo Mode now shows GLAIVE RGB instead of SCIMITAR.
  • K55 RGB now supports a 104-key Korean layout.
  • Resolves various other minor bugs and issues.

Addendem:

1.) For users experiencing issues with Steam and controller devices, we have been able determine the source of the issue is by Steam itself. However, it has been a long delay in getting answers from Valve (which they only finally replied recently). We are looking to develop workarounds to how they poll devices but until they can provide a fix on their side, this will be a Work in Progress.

2.) Various users have reported that some HID devices are not detected in the software after the system is resumed from Sleep/Hibernation. We have investigated this issue and found the cause to be with the Fall Creator's Update in Windows 10. We recommend you update your USB drivers directly from the manufacturer of your motherboard or wait until Microsoft releases a fix for this issue. In the meantime, we will try to investigate a workaround.
In my case the issue is definitely not Steam as even with Steam/CUE closed I would still get lockups while a controller and my keyboard were plugged in at the same time - disabling your HID drivers fixed it, therefore it's almost certainly an issue with your drivers/a Microsoft update. Perhaps you'd have more luck if you'd consider the real source of the problem


  #10  
Old 01-24-2018, 03:20 PM
hastegag hastegag is offline
Registered User
hastegag's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Northeast US
Posts: 931
POST ID # = 937217
hastegag Reputation: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by u3906663 View Post
I'm not too fussed as I can always rebuild the profiles, though it is a bit tiresome.

Thanks for your help though.

P.S. It seems you're also better at finding software on the Corsair website than I am too...
I'm sorry you lost your profiles, i didnt recognize you couldn't get cue to run thought you meant the installer...i probably should have said to install the old one again first then back them up, That's not ideal and sorry about that... as for the link, i just changed the numbers :)


  #11  
Old 01-24-2018, 06:24 PM
Mussels Mussels is offline
Registered User
Mussels's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 131
POST ID # = 937248
Mussels Reputation: 10
Default

Broken for me as well, CUE now crashes on startup

Windows 10 x64, Version 1709

update: mine came back upon a restart of the PC, instead of a shutdown + power up.

Last edited by Mussels; 01-24-2018 at 06:38 PM.


  #12  
Old 01-24-2018, 06:29 PM
breakurface09 breakurface09 is offline
Registered User
breakurface09's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 937249
breakurface09 Reputation: 10
Default

Are there only 4 effects for the K55 in the CUE 2 software? The only options I am getting are Wave, Shift, Pulse, and Static. I was hoping to use the other effects I have seen in the videos for the software like the rain drop, or the Ripple.


  #13  
Old 01-24-2018, 06:29 PM
Corsair James's Avatar
Corsair James Corsair James is offline
iCUE Product Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 4,505
POST ID # = 937250
Corsair James Reputation: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowblanka View Post
In my case the issue is definitely not Steam as even with Steam/CUE closed I would still get lockups while a controller and my keyboard were plugged in at the same time - disabling your HID drivers fixed it, therefore it's almost certainly an issue with your drivers/a Microsoft update. Perhaps you'd have more luck if you'd consider the real source of the problem
FYI, we use default Microsoft HID Drivers. We do not design our own driver except for virtual input (macros) and surround sound that CUE specifically uses. That is why our devices will still work even if you don't install CUE....
__________________

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue


  #14  
Old 01-24-2018, 06:35 PM
Corsair James's Avatar
Corsair James Corsair James is offline
iCUE Product Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 4,505
POST ID # = 937252
Corsair James Reputation: 75
Default

Users who are experiencing crashes:

1.) Send files and folders from %appdata%\Local\Corsair\CUE to me (via PM).
2.) Collect crash dump and send this to me as well. To collect this, when CUE crashes, do not close the window or software yet. Instead go to your task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), right click CUE.exe, and select "Create Dump File."
3.) Send also all data in %appdata%/Roaming/Corsair as well.

I will analyze this. You can also try deleting Corsair folders in %appdata%\Roaming\Corsar as well as %appdata%\Local\Corsair to see if it resolves the problem.
__________________

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Last edited by Corsair James; 01-31-2018 at 06:28 PM.


1 members found this post helpful.
  #15  
Old 01-25-2018, 07:44 AM
Kompura Kompura is offline
Registered User
Kompura's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 9
POST ID # = 937313
Kompura Reputation: 10
Default

I had crashes after update but after reboot, there is no crash but CUE is just not starting automatically and it also prevents other Windows 10 startup applications to start. When going back to previous version of CUE, everything works again so there is something wrong with the newest version.
And when not having actual crashes, I think there is no point to collect dumps either.


 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.