The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2017, 04:56 PM
TerrorBlade's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927498
TerrorBlade Reputation: 10

Can anyone else test if the geforce experience actually interferes with the CUE ?
I would test this myself but i am not able to so right now

Old 11-23-2017, 06:22 PM

POST ID # = 927508
Jong Reputation: 10

If no one else gets there first, I will test this tomorrow.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:50 AM

POST ID # = 927560

Sadly, just tested this and the problem remains here exactly the same. I uninstalled Geforce Experience and rebooted. Still, after bringing up the switch user screen and logging back in, CUE cannot switch profiles.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:29 PM

POST ID # = 927630
youknowwhoyouar Reputation: 10

My brother and I are also having this problem. We both tested it out and it is identical to the problem in this thread. Whenever my computer goes to sleep or screensaver, whatever profile was on is "locked" and every color profile is identical to it in cue. Very annoying and hoping for a fix soon.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:37 AM

POST ID # = 927684

Corsair seem to have gone AWOL. No suggestions, no request for more information, no recognition of the issue, nothing. Seriously making me consider throwing this keyboard away and never buying another Corsair peripheral.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:53 PM
tanks4nothing's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927876
tanks4nothing Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
Corsair seem to have gone AWOL. No suggestions, no request for more information, no recognition of the issue, nothing. Seriously making me consider throwing this keyboard away and never buying another Corsair peripheral.
I'm of that same mindset Jong especially after trying the new update only to have the exact same issue. I put in a ticket on this issue and all you get from them are the usual playbook responses. Ive even updated them twice with absolutely no response. They don't have a f@#$ing clue!

Old 12-18-2017, 01:08 PM
serrig's PC Specs

POST ID # = 931030
serrig Reputation: 10

Hi all!

I am having the exact same issue with my K70 RGB. I've tried all said in this thread and some more things I've read over here and googling a bit, but to no avail.

I have opened a ticket to Corsair support. I will keep you updated with their anwer.

In the mean time, I've seen a way to reset the keyboar via software. I will try this this evening just in case it works. These are the steps, taken from Corsair Support page:

Performing a soft-reset:

Unplug the keyboard
With the keyboard unplugged, hold down the ESC key.
While holding down the ESC key, plug the keyboard back into the computer.
After about 5 seconds, release the ESC key.

If done correctly, your keyboard's lighting will flash.

Hope this may help.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:41 PM

POST ID # = 931037

Sadly a reset almost certainly won't fix it. It didn't for me and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
The issue with having to restart CUE is a known Windows bug in the Fall Creator's Update. We can't fix it at the moment because it's not related to CUE or Qt (our framework).

Last edited by Jong; 12-21-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Old 12-18-2017, 06:58 PM
serrig's PC Specs

POST ID # = 931083
serrig Reputation: 10

I've tried resetting the keyboard and it has not worked.

I have tried uninstalling FCU and neither worked. I have been working with this keyboard for a few months and had no problems. After Windows re-install it started failing.
I have also reinstallaed USB drivers, changed CUE2 version and stop any antivirus software and no matter to get it to work again afte locking Windows and unlocking it again.

Hope someone has any other hint or tip to try. Or even better, get a fix from Corsair of Microsoft.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:19 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 931114
Corsair James Reputation: 75

The Fall Creator's Update has triggered some problems that we didn't have before. We're investigating them on a per-case by case basis. However, we are finding that a lot of the issues aren't through CUE but Windows instead.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 12-21-2017, 01:44 PM

POST ID # = 931610

Version 2.21.67 (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173161) has fixed this problem for me. If you were affected it's definitely worth a try. No guarantees of course.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:49 PM

POST ID # = 931615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
The Fall Creator's Update has triggered some problems that we didn't have before. We're investigating them on a per-case by case basis. However, we are finding that a lot of the issues aren't through CUE but Windows instead.
Must have been a lot of them as I've had a ticket open for a month and a half and no one followed up at all after the initial "turn it on and off again" 1st level response. No requests for logs, no nothing.

Still 2.21.67 fixed it for me, so all good.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:40 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 931673
hastegag Reputation: 20

Jong, I suspect they tried to stop-gap it and were partly successful.

It seems better for me, but I just tried Win+L go to lock screen, log back in and it could recognize acrobat, outlook and the default profile (there may be others), but it did not appear to recognize Photoshop for example. Even when I rebooted CUE and the application, without a full restart, the results were no different.

Something tells me since they're already part of the way to fixing it, it must be coming down the pike. We're sure they are aware of it anyways, poor devs, I bet they have nightmares.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:24 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932158
hastegag Reputation: 20

I was wrong, this was fixed for me totally with this version, I dont know what was happening before, but I suspect it had reverted to an earlier backup of my cueprofile as I noticed the exe was no longer linked and i think i had tested the above on my home system so I didnt notice the delinked exe immediately referring to 2017 vs 2018.

Just tried again at home and it seems to be working fine following locks and logging back in, even without restarting CUE or the application.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:51 PM
tanks4nothing's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932262
tanks4nothing Reputation: 10

Yep last version update did the trick for me too! I like it how Corsair says its mostly a windows problem yet when they update their software and its all fixed.

Tags
lock screen, profile switching