Corsair Community

Corsair one, clean windows 10 install help

Alawliet

Hello,

My computer has been unable to update for the past year or so. I tried everything possible(regular update, update assistant, media creation tool update) to try to update it but it fails no matter what. I tried resetting/recovery /restore my PC, but it always fails saying it was unable to reset my device.

So at last I've decided to do a clean install. Using the instructions from here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4000735/Windows-10-reinstall.

I've reached the point where I need to format my drives, but I am unsure if there is any drive I'm supposed to leave un touched. I have a 500gb ssd, and a 2 tb hdd.

I'm going to list them here

Drive 0 - partition 1- primary

Drive 1- partition 1"system" - system

Drive 1 - part 2 - MSR (Reserved)

Drive 1 part 3- primary

Drive 1- part 4- recovery

Am u supposed to delete all of them as mentioned in the how to? Or am I supposed to keep some of them.

I really appreciate any help on this,

I've been struggling with this for a really long time.

I deleted all my partitions and just left drive 1 and 2 with just primary unless u got stuff saved on them u want... back it up.

Already backed up my important files.

So I should delete all partitions correct? Sorry I'm kinda nervous.

I didn't I was fine but you might want to download a version of either ICUE or if you have it Corsair Link before you do that. The C1 wont function properly with this software. Downlaod it on a USB disk or harddrive before you wipe em.

I deleted and reformed all partitions and I was fine. Just make these back ups from the Corsair site before you do.

I didn't I was fine but you might want to download a version of either ICUE or if you have it Corsair Link before you do that. The C1 wont function properly with this software. Downlaod it on a USB disk or harddrive before you wipe em.

I deleted and reformed all partitions and I was fine. Just make these back ups from the Corsair site before you do.

Hello,

Thanks for your response!

I went through the clean install over the weekend. It fixed my updating issues.

I however did not backup the software you mentioned.

I did reinstall corsair link(however running it causes my computer to blues reen)

Should I install the icue as u suggest instead?