Corsair Community

iCUE is not registering Fan #1 H150i

old_geekster

Hey Guys,

This is my first post on these Forums. Before I get to my problem, I have to give a shout-out to Corsair for their great products. The H150i actually cools my i9-9900K better than any of the reviews suggested. It is OC'd to 5.026 from 3.6 and runs in the mid-forties when gaming.

Now, for my problem. The iCUE app is not registering the RPM's for Fan #1. It regulates the speed of the fan to whichever speed I choose and even turns off the fan when I choose "Zero RPM". However, it shows "0" RPM's all of the time. I can see the fan turning through the large window in the side panel of my 750D Airflow case. Though the fan is running perfectly, I checked the connections and all are tight. I believe that there must be a sensor that is not working. I hope someone can give me a solution.

Edited by old_geekster

Do you mean iCUE shows a "0 RPM" or the fan #1 box is completely missing from iCUE?

If 0 rpm, swap the fan on #1 with 2 or 3 on the splitter and see if it follows the fan or the zero stays on #1.

However, since the fan appears to be responding, I suspect you mean the entire fan #1 box is missing. Go to Windows Settings -> Apps list and find Corsair iCUE. Left click and select the "modify" option to perform a repair install. This usually clears up weird UI glitches.

Hey c-attack, thanks for your reply!

No, the fan box is there, iCUE simply is not registering anything but "0". All of the fans are connected together. So, they are connected to one fan header on the mobo. This is why I am confused. It was working fine the night before and wasn't in the morning. Later today, I will do the swap to see if it makes a difference. I will let you know the outcome.

Edited by old_geekster

If they are all connected to the motherboard, then all three fans in iCUE should read zero. The fan RPM on the H150i page is for its controller.

Is there any reason to specifically connect them to the motherboard versus the H150i splitter from the pump? The pump's controller will give you smooth and steady fan changes. If you run from the MB, you'll likely need to use CPU temp and that is not how the cooling process works. It's also going to result in really dynamic fan speed changes and most people find that irritating.

Hey c-attack and Baio, problem solved!! I simply reversed F#1 with Fan#2 connector and for some reason they all work again. It must have been a glitch in the software or a bad connection. Anyway, thanks to both of you for your prompt replies. Keep safe and well.

P.S. c-attack, the fans are all connected to the splitter that comes from the pump. This is one of the reasons that I was confused because I thought, as you stated, they should all be doing the same thing. Oh well, the problem is solved for now. Thanks, again!!

Edited by old_geekster

OK, I see. The lead from the cooler to the MB is just a tach wire that reports pump speed to the BIOS and prevents the customary CPU boot error. No power or control on that line.

Sometimes you get a finicky pin or connection and simple unplug-replug does it. Either way, the H150i has three independent fan channels and no - you don't need separate controls. If it starts acting up again/repeatedly, you can put two of them on a splitter from one Pump connector or we can narrow it down to splitter or fan problem.