Corsair Community

570X mirror - need advice on CPU cooler

ecopsorn

Hi guys

I have just completed my 570X build with 6 QL 120's and the stock Ryzen 3800 wraith prism cooler.

The looks are absolutely great. I really like the prism cooler from the looks as well with the RGB spinning blades.

Nevertheless with PBO enabled, the cooler jumps up and down constantly.

With the optimized fan curve of AI Suite 3, the CPU is at 60°C when idle. Reading the forums, this seems a bit high to be honest. The cooler also starts to spin up randomly and if I crank down the fan curve, I get even 70°C idle which is definitely not where I wanna be at.

So I'm seeking advice on what my options are.

1.) Has anybody an idea why my CPU gets so hot when idle? Any fan curve recommendations?

2.) I was initially having the Noctua NH-D15 Chromax on my shopping list. But giving the huge size of that beast, I'm not even sure wheter it would fit my 570X with QL's installed all over the place. And even if it does, it would definitely block my nice ram RGB and rear fan RGB.

3.) So next up would be watercooling. I don't plan on OC the Ryzen. I've read a lot of reviews that with PBO it's not really worth it. So my only reason to have water cooling is RGB and a quite fan experience. But speaking about that, is that really quiter and does it all fit my setup?

thanks in advance

What you could try instead of a custom loop is an AIO. These are sealed liquid cooling units that require zero maintenance. Corsair makes several of them.

I will agree, 60-70c is way to hot at idle. Are you sure the cooler is mounted correctly and making good contact? I am going to send you a pm and see if maybe you are in the US and I could give you a call and see if I can help you.

You could just get something like a H100i for cooling. Setup in a push/pull config so you still have your QL's hooked up for the RGB bling. Personally I have an H115i Platinum in my Crystal 50x with a set of HD140's on the front of the case in a push/pull with the HD's on the outside of the radiator and the ML's that came with the cooler on the inside of the base in the front. That way the radiator and 4 fans do not block my RAM or other case fans RGB. The other three fans for the top and back of the case are LL120's. With my setup I keep my 3900X under 70C even when running 100% load. Idle according to my Motherboards LED display is 32C'ish.

Here's my 570x sporting the H150i Pro 360mm AIO mounted in the front.. 2 years with this case and i wouldnt consider any other sized cooler for this case. they are a perfect match imho

http://i.imgur.com/ecj1grLl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/slydssCl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ul6ebxWl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fDspRzCl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/awexwlSl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gr4qeoDl.jpg

wow - I don't think I could pull this off to put the radiator on top. My mobo is so much higher placed in the case. I will post a pic tomorrow if I can.

Mounting on top would also very much screw up my design :)

Hi Picture is of a 1000d and not a 570x,,,,

I just watched a video on installing this cooler. After you attached the clips on the cooler, there is a little black arm that has to be locked into place to tighten the cooler down. Did you happen to forget to lock that arm into place? By default, it's loose so you can attach the clips to the mounting bracket on the board. Then after you get it clipped you use the arm to tighten the cooler down. It should just move until it stops. And that should be it.

@ace - thanks for the cooler hint with the black lever, but I did that and it hooked up perfectly, no wiggle, don’t think ghats the reason

@zotty - wow that looks sick, i see 4 led rings in front, did u replace the ML’s with QLs?

@all - I l’ve got 6 QLs 120 in the case hooked up to a commander pro. 3 front are push, rest is pull - positive pressure based on jamie’s advice

Hey guys

I'm back - so busy with all this homeoffice, kids and what not. Glad it's weekend soon and I can work on my rig :)

I have attached a pic of my build, it all looks pretty sleek, but I see from zottys pic that it is possible to make it look good with the 150, even though the cabling won't be as nice.

So to come back to my options, if I can't figure out how to make the stock fan cooler cool better (probably I should really try to remove the fan and install it again), I'm considering the suggestion from zotty to have the 360 installed.

I good air cooler would just be too large and block all the RGB stuff.

As you can see, I have the 6 QL's 120 rocking.

So if I'd buy a Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT, there are 3 ML fans on it. Can you confirm that the whole unit is just attached through USB to the commander pro and I can control the RGB of these fans individually?

IMG-9351.thumb.JPG.f80618d6e6365323825c2f2b099b3340.JPG

Hehe. Back to topic though. Do u know of a good air cooler setup where I could use/add more QL fans? If yes I’d also need to know how to get past the 6 QLs, I guess splitters?

I really want another air cooler instead of an AIO but don’t wanna give up on the RGB bling

• 1 month later...

Guys I’m back lol, buying the 360 150xt pro after all and 3 more QLs like @Zotty.

May somebody confirm that I can control it all in iCUE with 1x commander pro and all the node cores and node pros from the QL fan bundle?

I was checking zottys guide but I’m not sure whether the 3 AIO QLs plug in to the rad or what.

I also wonder if corsair psu fan can be controlled ehen plugged in like on zottys pic

Hey buddy..

yes you can control them all in icue with a commander pro... remember.. the H150i is controlling the speed of 3 of the fans.. leaving you with 6 fans to control with the Commander Pro.

yes you can use 2 Lighting node Cores.

as for the psu. you may need an internal 9pin usb hub so you can handle a 5th usb connection....

Awesome, well if it is too much trouble I won’t bother with the PSU.

But the RGB on the 3 QLs on top of the 150i I can also individually control with this setup?

I have both USB ports on the commander pro used so I’m not sure where to plug in the AiO. I can provide further info if needed. Have the conputer open

And last but not least, I’m completely new to AIO, is there I guide where I can read up on stuff? I wonder if the case fans in front of the rad have to be setup specifically related to the AIO rpm, if I should put my comm pro sensors in a specific way, etc.

Hmm don’t know, I don’t want to overkill things if it is not required. Is it not possible to still have a custom fan curve for the 6 case fans and let the AIO fans control themselves while having RGB control over all 9 fans?

Sry for all these stupid questions but I really want to make sure that I don’t need any additional hardware