Corsair Community

RGB Fans on H80i CPU Cooler?

oli_881

I've recently purchased & installed 3 x SP120 RGB LED High Performance 120mm Fans which are fitted to the front of my PC & a Hydro Series™ H80i v2 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler.

My question is are you able to swap out the standard fans supplied with the cooler over to the SP120 RBG ones?

Thanks in advance

I've recently purchased & installed 3 x SP120 RGB LED High Performance 120mm Fans which are fitted to the front of my PC & a Hydro Series™ H80i v2 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler.

My question is are you able to swap out the standard fans supplied with the cooler over to the SP120 RBG ones?

Thanks in advance

No. The SP120 RGB fans are 3-pin/DC Controlled and the cooler requires 4-pin/PWM controlled fans. You can use any other Corsair RGB fan however. It's only the SP-RGB that are DC controlled.

No. The SP120 RGB fans are 3-pin/DC Controlled and the cooler requires 4-pin/PWM controlled fans. You can use any other Corsair RGB fan however. It's only the SP-RGB that are DC controlled.

Thanks for the reply most appreciated. I noticed the CPU fan speed on the Hydro Series™ H80i is up to 2435 RPM but when looking at a 4 pin/pwm rgb fan (for example ML120 PRO RGB LED 120MM PWM Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan) it's speed is limited to 1600 RPM.

Would this be an issue?

Also I only plan on buying the 1 No fan & keep one of the standard fans (as you can't see it anyways as it's at the back of the pc)

Thanks for the reply most appreciated. I noticed the CPU fan speed on the Hydro Series™ H80i is up to 2435 RPM but when looking at a 4 pin/pwm rgb fan (for example ML120 PRO RGB LED 120MM PWM Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan) it's speed is limited to 1600 RPM.

Would this be an issue?

Also I only plan on buying the 1 No fan & keep one of the standard fans (as you can't see it anyways as it's at the back of the pc)

The CPU Fan speed reported from the H80 is based on the pump speed. If you are seeing variations in the CPU Fan speed (or the pump speed as reported in Link/iCue), you are not powering the pump correctly. Please review the Cooler FAQ in my signature, section B.

The ML series fans are excellent replacements for the stock fans on the H80v2. You'd be better replacing both to keep the speeds sync'd as the mismatched speeds may impact performance (that said, it's not likely to be much).

Thanks again for the info. I've bought the 2 just to be safe :)

Did you buy the multipack? They won't work in the same fan hub as the SP-RGB fans. You'll need the Lighting Node Pro and Fan Hub in the multipack.

Take a look at the RGB FAQ as well.

Archived