Corsair Community

How to change the key color when CAPSLOCK is on?

KHdV

With previous keyboard from Steelseries it was possible to change the CAPSLOCK key color when Capslock was on. When capslock was on the coler changed from white to red.

I now own a Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Platinum and can not find the right setting to do this. Is it possible to do this an can someone tell me how to?

Thanx :D:

use cue to make a new profile that has the desired lighting and let capslock switch the profile in both the default and the "caps on" profile, that should let you go back and forth if each are the only profiles selected in the capslock bound profile switching option

Ie Default: Capslock -> Profile Switching -> Caps Profile

Capslock Profile: Capslock .> Profile Switching -> Def. Profile

In Capslock Profile set the lighting on whatever keys you want

Just wondering, will all this profile switching result in all the other lighting effects and macros in the default profile being deactivated when the 'caps lock' profile is active?

Yes, you would want to copy the default profile first. I know it is not ideal.

RE the other comment about if it gets enabled by some other route, that is true. It is also a big complaint of mine about Cue, that it cannot accept input from outside sources, like even re executing the exe with parameters. You could then use a third party app to poll for the capslock state and then pass something like cue.exe -switchProfile -CAPSLOCK or whatever and it would know to tell the running instance of the program to do the right thing

Sounds like Cue needs to have some additional functions to test for and act on certain system events, such as the caps lock etc And profile switching doesn't seem like a viable answer to many scenarios where a work around to the lack of flexibility is required since it deactivates everything in the profile that the user is most likely still wanting to use. Copying a profile is also not a great work around either since it copies that profile at a certain point in time and doesn't carry forward any changes that may have happened since. I've added a feature suggestion for inherited profiles to the sticky.

... since it copies that profile at a certain point in time and doesn't carry forward any changes that may have happened since. I've added a feature suggestion for inherited profiles to the sticky.

Yup...lighting effects and macros when or after when you define them should be copy-able all at once to either all profiles in the cuefolder or to all profiles or even to a pick list.

As with what you've mentioned before regarding macro building, better modularizing and componentizing these items could be a key to that functionality.

In the meantime, for a workaround, you can make these changes in the XML, but it is a bit of a bear since you need to find exactly what to copy and move it where it needs to be, so it ends up not being easier than doing it the hard way unless you had lots of profiles.

• 1 year later...

I've found an easy solution to this problem.

Create a new lighting effect and select the CapsLock key. In the effects dropdown menu select 'Solid'.

Select the colour you want it to have when toggled, and click on the + icon in the bottom left.

On the right there are two drop-down fields. One for 'start' and one for 'stop'. Set them both to "On key pressed".

Make sure that this lighting effect layer is above the default colour.

If you also want your NumLock and/or ScrollLock to behave the same way, then you have to create a new layer for each key.

Please note that the NumLock may be on by default when you power on the keyboard and the RGB colour won't be synchronized.

(It is exactly how I prefer it though since I want that key to be red when I accidentally turn off NumLock)

• 1 month later...

Archived