Corsair Community

Firmware updates ALWAYS FAIL!

hughjazz44

I can't update any of my devices. The firmware updates always fail.

I had to RMA my K63 dongle because a firmware update failed and bricked it.

I've since gotten a update to iCue, but nothing has changed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled iCue entirely, used different cables, different USB ports, but nothing works.

What's the problem?!?!?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same problem. My dongle didn't brick tho. But updating of firmware keeps on failing. Is there a solution?

USB version: 3.1

iCUE version: 3.23.66

Mouse firmware version: 0.6.70

Dongle firmware version: 0.5.49

Updating to firmware version: 1.7.58

Are any of y'all attempting to update the dongle when it's connected to a hub? Or is it directly in one of the USB ports with no additional hub in the mix?

Connected directly at the back USB port of my computer. Tried USB 2.0 and 3.1. Also tried removing all other connected USB devices when updating. But still the update fails.

I was able to update my K63 Wireless keyboard tho. Only the Harpoon Wireless mouse failed the update.

My Harpoon RGB Wireless no longer functions on wireless after attempting update a few times and it failing everytime. My K63 Wireless won't update at all either....brand new PC I built. I was enjoying these products until this and support is beyond useless. They literally emailed me with the update file for the Harpoon and said to manually update with super vague/not even correct steps to do it. I honestly don't know what to do I may just return these products to Amazon and figure something else out. Which is a massive disappointment....

Has anyone had any luck figuring out why updates won't work? I've made zero progress with the support via email. They just keep offering useless steps to try that don't work. I'm afraid to even try updating my K63 again since all that's happened is my wireless receiver for my Harpoon has been bricked at this point. I guess I'm just returning to Amazon and going with a different brand? I went as far as installing iCUE on my Macbook even and trying the Harpoon update on it. Same thing won't even proceed as it wants to me "insert dongle" when it already is. Edited by slickrasta

I almost confirmed that AMD Chipset is the reason why HARPOON WIRELESS update failed. I tried on 3 different machines. 2 with AMD processors and come with AMD chipset. These 2 will always stuck on 0% after i plugged in the usb cable which iCUE mentioned. And finally tried 7700k machine, smoothly update. (ONLY HAVE PROBLEM WITH HARPOON WIRLESS, all other corsair devcies can update firmware on amd chipset)

• 2 weeks later...
I almost confirmed that AMD Chipset is the reason why HARPOON WIRELESS update failed. I tried on 3 different machines. 2 with AMD processors and come with AMD chipset. These 2 will always stuck on 0% after i plugged in the usb cable which iCUE mentioned. And finally tried 7700k machine, smoothly update. (ONLY HAVE PROBLEM WITH HARPOON WIRLESS, all other corsair devcies can update firmware on amd chipset)

I can only confirm your words. It allways failed when I tried to update firmware on my Ironclaw rgb wireless mice on AMD platform. (Always on 50%), so I tried on Intel platform and it works like a charm.

Thanks for your post. Hope this will help more people than me. Have a nice day. :praise::praise::praise:

• 1 month later...

Running on Intel z370 and Firmware won't update..

- tried Single Dongle update

- Single Virtuoso Update

- start win in safe mode with network

- clean reinstall with regestry cleanup

Since release this Problem hasnt been fixed :mad:

Corsair is so bad that they can't even provide the files for customers.

It is possible via iCue to do a manual firmware udate, so were are the actual files?!

Same here. Cannot update firmware in my K95 keyboard either. If fails within seconds and drops the keyboard from being a 'seen' device.

They really need another way to update the firmware apart from iCue, which is also pretty awful.

Even updating iCue is full of bugs. Even silly display bugs... eg the percentage to go thing was displaying "45%%".... jeezus...don't they even check their software?

Good hardware, awful software.

• 2 months later...

This really is brutal Corsair...

iCue has always been a mess, but now this is super annoying.

I don't even want to flash the firmware, my products are working just fine. But your stupid software keeps notifying me about firmware updates for my M65 Pro, my Strafe Keyboard, and my ST100, and my VOID Pro, etc.

Can I disable the notifications? Of course not.

Can I just install the update and be done with it? Of course not. The updates just fail, and the countdown to the next time you tell me there's an update I can't install begins.

Hi, I was unable to update the firmware of my harpoon wireless on my computer (windows 10, old intel i7 4790k lga 1150, usb 2.0). The update worked just fine with an old 2013 laptop (intel i3, windows 10, usb 2.0). I don't know why but it worked.....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems you gave a good point on this problem! Corsair guys, please check this point :)

Recently i bought a Corsair Virtuoso Headset and i was not able to update firmware with my new MSI Tomahawk x570 chipset; i tried on my corporate computer running a core i5 and intel board and the update finished smoothly without errors.

• 3 weeks later...