Corsair Community

corsair icue ls100 starter kit gaming integration?

ScarreDJokeR

• 4 weeks later...

This is the answer got from the corsair support

"Unfortunately the LS100 doesn't have full integration with the SDK used to create the game specific profiles in FC5 / Metro / etc

At best; they will mimic the original LED strips pattern with a "patchy" effect"

And they are advertised with gaming integration

This is the answer got from the corsair support

"Unfortunately the LS100 doesn't have full integration with the SDK used to create the game specific profiles in FC5 / Metro / etc

At best; they will mimic the original LED strips pattern with a "patchy" effect"

And they are advertised with gaming integration

That's quite dissapointing

Corsair Support team update

"We're currently working on patching in some backwards compatibility for these; but unfortunately I can't offer an ETA.

Games released after the launch should work fine (Blair Witch); however the older*profiles*(FC5, FCND, Metro, et al) currently need logic changes to be compatible with the LS100."

• 3 weeks later...
This is very disappointing that the game implementation is this way. I get it allows the programmers more granular control over the experience, but the Philips Hue simply captures what most pixels on screen are doing and matches that... It works very well. I would suggest adding this kind of integration so that this can work with all games. For now, I feel like I've been mislead and will probably return this to Amazon unless I can find some other hacked solution somewhere.

This is very disappointing that the game implementation is this way. I get it allows the programmers more granular control over the experience, but the Philips Hue simply captures what most pixels on screen are doing and matches that... It works very well. I would suggest adding this kind of integration so that this can work with all games. For now, I feel like I've been mislead and will probably return this to Amazon unless I can find some other hacked solution somewhere.

That kind of lighting is present in iCUE for the LS100 and works with all games. The people above are complaining about the LS100 not displaying the pre-programmed special lighting effects that are tied to specific in game actions in specific games (lights turn red when you take damage, green when you heal, etc). These SDK developed effects are only available in a small number of games and are not customizable or user controlled. They override your current lighting scheme on all devices. You like them or you don’t. You turn them on or turn them off.

• Confused 1

for some reason, I'm missing that intergration. Support told me to select video lighting under "ambient" and I can see it in the youtube video, but I don't have that option. I even removed the software and reinstalled.

Video lighting unfortunately appears only when you select monitor setup. I have them on my desk and I can use only audio lighting