Corsair Community

Colour profile switching dependent on Windows function

Pee zed

Hi, first time poster here :D

Managed to get the K70 RGB for Christmas and I'm really chuffed with it, but I haven't had much time to play around with all the options in the CUE software.

Just so I know the limits of what I can and cannot do with this software, I was wondering whether or not it's possible to have the keyboard change the lighting scheme depending on what is going on in Windows? I.e. whether or not something is loading, or whether I'm playing a game, or whether I'm running a particular software i.e. foobar or photoshop.

Apologies if this has already been answered but I've had a look through the forums and couldn't find anything specific.

When you create a profile you can link it to a specific file executable, that will do what you're asking. For example you can setup a profile for foobar with a specific lighting/effect and a completely different profile for photoshop.

Hi, thanks for your response. That function works perfectly, thank you.

However, I'm wondering if it's possible to do a sort of keyboard screen saver? I.e. after not touching any key for several minutes, a different lighting profile is enabled? I know you can have the timer action activate after a certain key press, but afaik you can only assign it to a single key (or at least to each key one at a time). Isn't there a more general way to do this?

Archived