Corsair Community

Macro Toggle

Breadway

hey,

I started playing ArmA 3 Breaking Point and I have to run A LOT. Always pressing LShift + W.

I thought I could create a new macro with CUE. I tried it, but failed :(

I just want a macro on my K95 RGB on G15 that toggles this keystroke, so I don't have to press it by myself :D

Would appreciate any help.

Same, i sprint a lot in rust, and I need the "w" key to act like w+leftshift. so that when i press the w key, my guy starts running, ive been trying to do this simple task with no success, shame you cant even do something as simple as this.

Create your macro in CUE by recording the keypresses then adjust/remove the delays if necessary, before saving the macro, there should be a group of radio buttons where you can click Toggle On/Off, click it then save your macro.

In the assignments tab, press actions list then drag your macro to G15 and try the G-key in-game. If you have multiple profiles either make sure the profile you customised is set as the default profile or link the profile to ArmA 3.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried a high delay time between the keypresses?

Attached actions file is Left Shift +W with a delay/hold time of

~1.6 minutes which repeats itself until the key assigned to it is pressed again.

Can you please a screenshot as a plain jpg. Adobe Photoshop CC14 will not open your attached ACT file.

Thanks,

GeorgeCee

I can get the auto run (w+shift) to work, runs just fine.My issue is that the toggle on/off doesnt work, the only way to stop the macro is alt tab and right click CUE in the system tray and select "stop all macros".Seems CUE has an issue terminating macro's that involve held down keys.If i use a different macro, while the auto run macro is active, it stops running but shift remains active.Being able to macro a key to "stop all macros" would be nice, for trouble shooting.I tried "terminate when pressed again", but the macro behaves exactly the same.

I have a k90 that uses the old software and a macro like this worked fine.I'll attach screen shots of both macros.

oldrunmacro.thumb.jpg.397964c2ff2b659a703cb27a5905f01b.jpg

newrunmacro.thumb.jpg.48053aadee15bf3fadcc2230ce760b71.jpg

For me no, nothing stops the macro.The macro is set to toggle on, and off once pressed again.So you can set yourself running in game, and go hands free/afk.The only way to stop it is to go to system tray and right click CUE then select "stop all macros".

Read a few posts here on this issue of held down buttons not working correctly in some way.A bit disconcerting a company like Corsair has such an issue implementing basic macros, when most cheap mice on the market can do this no issue.

There is no way to do it until Corsair's programmers add the feature

The feature is added it just doesn't work correctly.Everything you need to make the macro is there, you CAN make the macro.The issue is it doesn't get executed correctly.

What I do for that is set up two separate macros, a primary (hold) and a secondary (release). Try these instructions:

1. Set up the release macro:

a) This is simply a macro with the action 'Release key <insert key>' (make sure to put a release for each key that is being held)

b) Set the Macro Termination to 'Execute macro uninterrupted'

c) Action Repeat is 'None'

2. Set up the primary (hold) macro:

a) Make the action 'Press key <insert key>' (You can put as many of these 'press key' actions as you want).

b) Macro Action needs to be set to 'Queue next macro while executing'

c) Action Repeat needs to be 'On/Off (toggle)'

d) Lastly you want to use the Double Macros option. Check the box that says 'Enable a second macro on release' and the in the dropdown select the release macro you created prior to this one.

3. All you need to do now is set the primary macro to one of your g-keys and you should be good to go.

I know its a little hacky but after nothing else was working for me, I was forced to create a workaround. Its not ideal, but until Corsair adds this functionality this is the best I have. Good luck, and let me know how it works out for you. :sunglasse

*** Note: It will argue with you and give you a warning dialogue. Just click 'ok'. ***

*** Another Note: If you go back in to edit the macro, make sure to repeat step 2d. For some reason whenever you go back in to edit the macro, it unchecks the Double Macros option. ***

What I do for that is set up two separate macros, a primary (hold) and a secondary (release). Try these instructions:

1. Set up the release macro:

a) This is simply a macro with the action 'Release key <insert key>' (make sure to put a release for each key that is being held)

b) Set the Macro Termination to 'Execute macro uninterrupted'

c) Action Repeat is 'None'

2. Set up the primary (hold) macro:

a) Make the action 'Press key <insert key>' (You can put as many of these 'press key' actions as you want).

b) Macro Action needs to be set to 'Queue next macro while executing'

c) Action Repeat needs to be 'On/Off (toggle)'

d) Lastly you want to use the Double Macros option. Check the box that says 'Enable a second macro on release' and the in the dropdown select the release macro you created prior to this one.

3. All you need to do now is set the primary macro to one of your g-keys and you should be good to go.

I know its a little hacky but after nothing else was working for me, I was forced to create a workaround. Its not ideal, but until Corsair adds this functionality this is the best I have. Good luck, and let me know how it works out for you. :sunglasse

*** Note: It will argue with you and give you a warning dialogue. Just click 'ok'. ***

*** Another Note: If you go back in to edit the macro, make sure to repeat step 2d. For some reason whenever you go back in to edit the macro, it unchecks the Double Macros option. ***

Well the whole point of the macro is that you dont need to hold a button or key down.Its so you can press once to turn on then again to turn off, allowing you to run completely hands free.Your way requires a button to be held down.You can adjust your method by trying one button to turn on, and another to turn off.Ive tried that also, and it only works if its a single keystroke.If you do it with shift+w, the release macro never ends.Sounds like it shouldnt matter, but it still effects a lot of stuff like using any macro again, typing capitals, or anything involving the shift key.Thats the whole issue, the macro never ends, not that it cant be made, however you do it.

Ive tested this fully, every possible conceivable and inconceivable way to possibly get the macro to work.Unless its a basic single keystroke, the macro wont end properly or cause some strange behavior.CUE's on/off toggle just does not work correctly, neither do most of the other options.Only the most basic of macros can be achieved.

Well the whole point of the macro is that you dont need to hold a button or key down.Its so you can press once to turn on then again to turn off, allowing you to run completely hands free.Your way requires a button to be held down.You can adjust your method by trying one button to turn on, and another to turn off.Ive tried that also, and it only works if its a single keystroke.If you do it with shift+w, the release macro never ends.Sounds like it shouldnt matter, but it still effects a lot of stuff like using any macro again, typing capitals, or anything involving the shift key.Thats the whole issue, the macro never ends, not that it cant be made, however you do it.

Ive tested this fully, every possible conceivable and inconceivable way to possibly get the macro to work.Unless its a basic single keystroke, the macro wont end properly or cause some strange behavior.CUE's on/off toggle just does not work correctly, neither do most of the other options.Only the most basic of macros can be achieved.

It only requires one key to toggle on/off. Not two. I am using this right now in Rust. Every once in a while you have to tab out and stop all macros because it stops working, but that is rarely. If you follow those steps exactly, you can set the on/off to one g-key.

Archived