Corsair Community

Hydro Fan Speed Dropping

dcx4610

Recently I noticed that my PC was running extra quiet. I looked in iCue and realized my Corsair ML fans connected to my Hydro were only reporting 480pm.

After a minute, I heard them ramp up and run at 1200rpm which I have them set to. There is no change in temp and this can be at idle with very low temps.

This has been happening on and off for a few weeks now at random times. I don't know if the fans are dying, it's an issue with iCue or the Hydro itself.

Has anyone had any recent issues with iCue perhaps not controlling fans properly or should I go ahead and starting looking for replacement fans?

Here's what it looked like after waking up. Cold and idle all night. The fan is showing 420rpm despite being set to run at 60% (1200rpm).

I noticed the Custom curve begins at 20C however though. Do fans run at the bare minimum and then only hit the custom curve at 21C?

I can manually bump it to 70% and then back down to 60% and it will go to 1200pm again.

Just trying to figure out if this is an iCue bug, if my fans are dying or if it's normal at that low of a temp.

jRNEV7g.jpg

053o5Pr.jpg

It should run faster than that for your specified curve. Click the Fixed % and set it to 75% to see if it responds.

Aside from that, the previous question about other monitoring software is still relevant and they can interfere with fan response.

If both of those are negative, swap the two connectors on the splitter coming off the pump. That model is a classic 4+3 splitter and not two separate fan channels. Lets give the other fan a chance to send the PWM signal back.

It should run faster than that for your specified curve. Click the Fixed % and set it to 75% to see if it responds.

Aside from that, the previous question about other monitoring software is still relevant and they can interfere with fan response.

If both of those are negative, swap the two connectors on the splitter coming off the pump. That model is a classic 4+3 splitter and not two separate fan channels. Lets give the other fan a chance to send the PWM signal back.

No monitoring software installed other than iCue. I can click fixed and it will ramp the fans up properly. It just makes me think that there is a bug in iCue or PWM on the fans.

I'll try swapping the connectors.

Thanks.

Your curve is wrong for the H115i Temp as well. It looks like the temps are set for CPU temps, not coolant temps. Coolant temps will be much lower and typically won't exceed 40-45C, depending on ambient.

My room gets pretty hot during the Summer so going slightly over 40C in coolant temp is pretty normal due to the ambient temp in the room. I set the curve that way because the balanced setting would ramp up fans as soon as they hit 40C. I have it set to ramp up at 50C instead because if I ever reach that number, I know I have a problem.