Corsair Community

Whats the difference between link and icue?

Dyldonic

CUE (not iCUE) and Link were two different products. Link was used to control Corsair devices like the Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro, and there attached devices. CUE was used to control RGB devices through a universal tool.

People can correct me if I am wrong, but they are combining a lot of the functionality of both into iCUE. Though iCUE has the same functionality of controlling RGB profiles, macros, and etc for Keyboards, mice, headsets, and other devices, while syncing them the lighting from RGB Fans and RGB lighting strips.

So instead of two software that manually require changes, you change it one place. iCUE is still in the early release stages, so they still need to fix some bugs and add features, though it is much better than other "stable" release by other companies.

Solarity is correct ... but that's only part of the story.

Not only does iCue allow you to synchronize ALL of your Corsair RGB devices, whether "inside the case" or "outside the case", it provides some really advances features for RGB control that you just don't have in Link. You can control individual LEDs on the fans and strips - something you couldn't do in Link.

Solarity is correct ... but that's only part of the story.

Not only does iCue allow you to synchronize ALL of your Corsair RGB devices, whether "inside the case" or "outside the case", it provides some really advances features for RGB control that you just don't have in Link. You can control individual LEDs on the fans and strips - something you couldn't do in Link.

Yeah forgot to mention that. I made an Overwatch Profile and the top fan has the top 4 LEDS as orange, while the bottom 8 are white to make it look like the OW logo. You couldn't do this in link.

It is by far the most powerful RGB tool out there, I bought the Lighting Node Pro online, while I was in the middle of downloading the early release. I am very pleased with the tool.

• 5 months later...

BUt is iCUE only useful for RBG controle of Corsair devices?

So if I have an AsRock motherboard with RBG, I will still need the AsRock sotware?

Or is iCUE universal RGB control?

If not then link is still the best option for those who don't have their entire system/case all Corsair products

BUt is iCUE only useful for RBG controle of Corsair devices?

So if I have an AsRock motherboard with RBG, I will still need the AsRock sotware?

Or is iCUE universal RGB control?

If not then link is still the best option for those who don't have their entire system/case all Corsair products

Neither Link nor iCue control non-Corsair device RGB.

So I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion, based on the arguments presented, that "Link is still the best option".

Link will no longer be updated moving forward. There will be no more bug fixes or devices added. It is End-Of-Life.

• 4 months later...
Neither Link nor iCue control non-Corsair device RGB.

So I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion, based on the arguments presented, that "Link is still the best option".

Link will no longer be updated moving forward. There will be no more bug fixes or devices added. It is End-Of-Life.

Hello, I want to use corsair link for my h100i v2 but if i install icue its taking all control . I dont want that because its buggy for controling my pump and fans. Sometimes its not working when i open my pc or sometimes its like idle not working in a couple hours.

Is there any way to control my h100i with link with installed icue. I want to use icue only for my keyboard k70 and mouse. ? Thanks

You would need to uninstall iCUE and use CUE 2.24.50 for your peripherals. If you prefer the visual aesthetic of Link, that’s one thing. If you think you will gain more reliability by retreating to an unsupported prior software version, that is not likely to play out in a beneficial way.

• 2 months later...
You would need to uninstall iCUE and use CUE 2.24.50 for your peripherals. If you prefer the visual aesthetic of Link, that’s one thing. If you think you will gain more reliability by retreating to an unsupported prior software version, that is not likely to play out in a beneficial way.

iCUE software has several bugs for h100i v2. Why they dont fix this issues really i dont get it .. I will sell it soon and planning to buy a nzxt cooler. End of story. Im tired of bad customer support.

iCUE software has several bugs for h100i v2. Why they dont fix this issues really i dont get it .. I will sell it soon and planning to buy a nzxt cooler. End of story. Im tired of bad customer support.

What bugs would those be? I'm curious as I have two systems with iCUE and an H100i V2 ...

• 2 weeks later...
Great reply.. Solarity :)

nothing to add.. all been covered.. switch to iCue.. its the Future!

If its the future then corsair is in deep trouble. I've stopped buying anything from corsair that uses icue. Sure i'm not alone.

When will icue be out of alpha testing again?

Hi DevBiker. I have posted some of my concerns with iCUE in another thread called "iCUE 3.15.101 - Feedback"

Another difference and this is on my system, iCUE uses about 10% CPU when I have the dashboard up and 5% with the app minimized.

Link uses 2% open and 1% minimized.

I really hope you guys will reconsider keeping Link going. It's superior in performance.

If its the future...

Did you drag up a year old thread just to toss your opinion around? Or did you have an issue you need help with? Because all I see is 6 months of comments like the ones above where you jump into somebody else's thread, throw out some non-specific slander, then go on your way. Yet you keep coming back and doing it again. Someone should probably come up with a name for that type of behavior.

I'm in the same boat as DevBiker - been using ICUE since it released across multiple systems with various Corsair CLC's and LINK before that. Now just using 2 x Commander Pro's for controlling pump/fans for my EKWB open loop as well as managing an AX1200i PSU, Vengeance RGB RAM, 4 x LED strips, K95 Platinum keyboard and M65 Pro Elite mouse. Never had a issue except the known ASMEDIA USB controller issue with the Commander Pro USB hub that was easily resolved by adding a 2 port USB hub between my motherboard's USB 2.0 header and the Commander Pro's. Hell; given that a lot of motherboards only provide a single internal USB 2.0 header, adding an extra internal USB 2.0 hub has become almost necessary.

I also have an Open Benchtable BC1 test bench that uses a Corsair H115i and it doesn't suffer any problems albeit I only use ICUE to define the CLC's fan curves and update the firmware for the connected K70 Lux keyboard and M65 Pro RGB mouse.

What's the difference between LINK and ICUE? ICUE is the current software interface for the Corsair ecosystem, LINK was the old interface and no longer being developed. If you have an old Corsair product not supported by ICUE; by all means, use LINK to control it. If you have a recent Corsair product that was released after ICUE went public, use ICUE. Simple.

Edited by BlaiseP

Hey BlaiseP what's that asmedia issue? My USB devices disconnect in game once a session, wonder if that's related?

There was (is?) a problem with the Commander Pro when connected to motherboard USB 2.0 header that uses an ASMEDIA USB 2.0 controller where the Commander Pro takes ultimate control over the controller. Essentially only the Commander Pro can be seen in "connected devices", anything else connected to the ASMEDIA controller won't work and nor would the 2 x USB 2.0 ports on the Commander Pro. In addition, the second motherboard USB 2.0 header (if present) wouldn't work either assuming because it ran off the same ASMEDIA controller.

The simple fix (in most cases) was to add an internal USB 2.0 hub (e.g. the offering from NXZT but I just use a bare circuit board example) and connect the Commander Pro via this new hub. Once this is done, the new internal hub seems to act like a buffer and all should work as advertised.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here ! Icue sux !

I also have a H100iv2 and link works fine after years of fixing they finally get it right just to discontinue it ???

icue wants to bake my processor because it is fighting with the h100iv2

& I was forced to uninstall icue.

Now I have a useless over priced keyboard that does nothing.I will be sending it back, And I doubt I will be buying anything from this company again !

P.S. NZXT is a good choice I own one and it is very dependable and their software just works !

Same here ! Icue sux !

I also have a H100iv2 and link works fine after years of fixing they finally get it right just to discontinue it ???

icue wants to bake my processor because it is fighting with the h100iv2

& I was forced to uninstall icue.

How do you mean? I have two systems running an H100iV2 with iCue and no issues at all.

• 5 months later...

I just did a new build with a mini ITX form factor and using a Asus Z390-I with a 9700k paired with Titan Xp. I installed and assembled the system in my new Ghost Loque S1. Installed Windows and games and worked fine with zero issues. My only issue was that my Corsair H100i radiator fans would go really loud. So I tried setting fan curve in the Bios but no matter what I did it did not set them up properly. But I had no blackouts or any thing until that point.

My issue started as soon as I installed iCue software to set the fan curve. I was immediately able to set my desired fan curve but started getting screen blackouts where the screen would go black for 2-3 seconds and come back (no freezing). I immediately uninstalled iCue and the blackouts went away immediately. I noticed that when iCue is installed I would get blackouts even when I was on desktop. But even if iCue is uninstalled I still get screen blackouts for 2-3 seconds when playing games very randomly and it the screen goes black just like it used to when it was installed. So there is an issue with iCue. Those who think we are making this up should be ashamed. I posted on reddit about the build I did and have found many users complaining about the issue. Corsair you should be ashamed of your self.

I even contacted Corsair customer support and never got any reply after I told them what I was going through. See the pictures of my build here.

https://imgur.com/a/jvuFmBa

This thread is about the difference between Link and iCUE. iCUE has replaced Link and is the merger between the peripheral software (CUE) and internal device software (Link). If you are having a specific issue, start a thread with an appropriate title.

I noticed that when iCue is installed I would get blackouts even when I was on desktop. But even if iCue is uninstalled I still get screen blackouts for 2-3 seconds when playing games very randomly and it the screen goes black just like it used to when it was installed. So there is an issue with iCue.

No, that is not the take away from those events. You appear to be having some sort of graphics or graphics driver issue. iCUE utilizes GPU resources to make all those little graphs move. It is also affected. I would start with a DDU removal of the graphics driver and reinstall.