The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-13-2017, 06:27 AM
dN1e dN1e is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 886408
dN1e Reputation: 10
Default CUE2: Strafe keyboard, background color and key color different

hi guys,

I have been trying to change the colors of my strafe rgb silent keyboard. What i would like to accomplish is to have the keys name lets say "WASD" light in one color, but not their "background", for me, there is way to much lights between the keys because of the "back-light".

Is this possible to accomplish?


  #2  
Old 01-13-2017, 10:56 AM
krazykid's Avatar
krazykid krazykid is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 2,928
POST ID # = 886428
krazykid Reputation: 59
Send a message via Skype™ to krazykid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dN1e View Post
hi guys,

I have been trying to change the colors of my strafe rgb silent keyboard. What i would like to accomplish is to have the keys name lets say "WASD" light in one color, but not their "background", for me, there is way to much lights between the keys because of the "back-light".

Is this possible to accomplish?
So you want your keys lit up but you dont at the same time? Lol


  #3  
Old 01-13-2017, 02:13 PM
dN1e dN1e is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 886465
dN1e Reputation: 10
Default

No, I want the keyname to lit up, but no backlight. I want it to be like a logitechs keyboards.


  #4  
Old 01-13-2017, 02:54 PM
krazykid's Avatar
krazykid krazykid is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 2,928
POST ID # = 886469
krazykid Reputation: 59
Send a message via Skype™ to krazykid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dN1e View Post
No, I want the keyname to lit up, but no backlight. I want it to be like a logitechs keyboards.
I dont know, this is confusing me. Im useless for this one :P


  #5  
Old 01-16-2017, 05:24 AM
Schwitz's Avatar
Schwitz Schwitz is offline
Lewis Gerschwitz
Schwitz's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 723
POST ID # = 886853
Schwitz Reputation: 72
Send a message via Skype™ to Schwitz
Default

Not possible, the lighting is a single LED per key, the 'backlight' as you've put it is simply the light coming from that source.

Try taking a keycap off and you'll understand what I mean.
__________________

Check out my Youtube Channel and my Website for all my profiles. Join me on Discord!

Follow me on Twitter and like my Facebook Page for updates.


  #6  
Old 01-16-2017, 11:04 AM
krazykid's Avatar
krazykid krazykid is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 2,928
POST ID # = 886912
krazykid Reputation: 59
Send a message via Skype™ to krazykid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwitz View Post
Not possible, the lighting is a single LED per key, the 'backlight' as you've put it is simply the light coming from that source.

Try taking a keycap off and you'll understand what I mean.
Actually its 3 mini leds, RGB i think. Thats why its much more expensive.


  #7  
Old 01-17-2017, 04:33 AM
dN1e dN1e is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 887052
dN1e Reputation: 10
Default

Makes sense, thanks for the replies.


 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.