The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2018, 07:56 PM
blikkboks's PC Specs

POST ID # = 947000
blikkboks Reputation: 10
Default syncing icue with philips hue?

is this possible in any way shape or form?
I'm currently running a philips hue lightstrip behind my monitor that I have synced with the image on the monitor with screenbloom.
is there any way to make icue sync with philips hue, or just have icue synced with what's going on on the monitor?

if it matters I have a commander pro connected to 6corsair sp rgb fans and one ledstrip.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:15 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 947001
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Not at the moment. Hopefully we'll see something when the iCue SDK is released that'll enable this scenario.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:41 PM
blikkboks's PC Specs

POST ID # = 947007
blikkboks Reputation: 10

would be great if this was doable, cause most of the time I just end up turning off all my case lights
Old 03-27-2018, 08:54 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 947009
Corsair James Reputation: 75

It is something we are exploring - we have a lot of projects planned for the future so it is just a matter of ensuring what we do has the greatest impact for a majority of our users.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 04-01-2018, 11:09 PM

POST ID # = 948126
WillyGiff Reputation: 10

Please do this! I was really disappointed to find out only Razer will be doing this. I created an account to post this! Now that hue is releasing the sync software, I think it should be a given. I don't want to switch to Razer...
Old 04-01-2018, 11:21 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 948128
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyGiff View Post
Please do this! I was really disappointed to find out only Razer will be doing this. I created an account to post this! Now that hue is releasing the sync software, I think it should be a given. I don't want to switch to Razer...
Dude ... as someone that just switched from Razer, trust me, you don't want to do that, especially just for Hue lighting.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:14 AM
PlasmaPod's PC Specs

POST ID # = 951932
PlasmaPod Reputation: 10
Default I Would also like to see this happening

i tried installing razer software just for the hue syncing but it is absolutely #@$%^#% #^^@ piece of software that didnt work properly on first install
Old 04-27-2018, 09:19 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952296
solarity Reputation: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
It is something we are exploring - we have a lot of projects planned for the future so it is just a matter of ensuring what we do has the greatest impact for a majority of our users.
If there is a chance of future integration with a smart bulb, is there any brand that iCue might partner with? I am in the market for some bulbs.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:16 AM
Z.S's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952302
Z.S Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyGiff View Post
why would you switch to razer they do not sell PC components and if you really want RGB strips outside your case get the Corsair Lighting Node Pro and have it connected outside your PC via a internal USB 2.0 extension cable(s) and a SATA data extension cable(s)

when Corsair iCUE is fully completed, it will be unrivaled. The closest any manufacturer is to Corsair's iCUE is either ASUS or Thermaltake/Cooler Master. The first of the 3 mentioned does not sell much products of its own when it comes to components although it does support third party gear with the motherboard RGB headers though even this is a hit or miss as most motherboard headers do not support addressable LED's and many motherboard manufacturers software's do not support lighting sync. The 2 latter I mentioned do not sell any components only cases and cooling solutions besides the peripherals

I am just waiting for Corsair to release their custom water cooling gear already and start selling their rumoured monitors as apparently they are hiring people to manage their new line of monitors which are yet to be worked on and if they do start making monitors PLEASE PLEASE corsair add a crosshair overlay like ASUS does I like using it in certain games and it doesnt cost anything besides a slight tweak of onboard software and maybe adding a few kilobytes of storage of whatever

Last edited by Z.S; 04-27-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:37 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952306
solarity Reputation: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.S View Post
why would you switch to razer they do not sell PC components and if you really want RGB strips outside your case get the Corsair Lighting Node Pro and have it connected outside your PC via a internal USB 2.0 extension cable(s) and a SATA data extension cable(s)

when Corsair iCUE is fully completed, it will be unrivaled. The closest any manufacturer is to Corsair's iCUE is either ASUS or Thermaltake/Cooler Master. The first of the 3 mentioned does not sell much products of its own when it comes to components although it does support third party gear with the motherboard RGB headers though even this is a hit or miss as most motherboard headers do not support addressable LED's and many motherboard manufacturers software's do not support lighting sync. The 2 latter I mentioned do not sell any components only cases and cooling solutions besides the peripherals

I am just waiting for Corsair to release their custom water cooling gear already and start selling their rumoured monitors as apparently they are hiring people to manage their new line of monitors which are yet to be worked on and if they do start making monitors PLEASE PLEASE corsair add a crosshair overlay like ASUS does I like using it in certain games and it doesnt cost anything besides a slight tweak of onboard software and maybe adding a few kilobytes of storage of whatever
I agree corsair is the best for stuff like this. My only concern with the 2nd part is I hope they don't grow to quickly. I have seen so many companies try to get into every market, then their QA and Customer Support goes to crap. I think that is one reason everyone likes EVGA products, at the same time everyone complains a lot about Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, and etc. Thermaltake has taken an abuse in the custom water cooling community. The custom WC community can be a bit snobbish and if Corsair wants to get into that market, they would have to do a lot of research and work a lot with the community. If they jump in head first, then it could negatively impact their reputation. Only a fraction of people use water cooling and only a fraction of those do custom loops. I just can't see it worth their wild and I think they have more to lose.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:06 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952309
Wired Reputation: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.S View Post
...and start selling their rumoured monitors
You're either thinking of the April Fool's video from 2 years ago (embedded below) or the Samsung monitor that's in the Corsair webstore.

Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)
Old 07-18-2018, 11:40 AM
QuiKS1lv3R's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964120
QuiKS1lv3R Reputation: 10

I really hope this happens so that my RGB bulb in my ceiling light will change when I load games along with my PC & peripherals
Old 07-18-2018, 12:36 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964134
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

The HUE Sync app for Windows isn't too bad on its own. You can create "entertainment zones" which are essentially special scenes just for syncing. You can toggle on different modes and it'll change the colors of your lights based on colors/activity on the screen with some input from sound if you choose to enable that. I use it from time to time and it does a decent enough job on its own even though it isn't actually synced up to iCUE profiles.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:09 PM

POST ID # = 964229
heyfrank Reputation: 10

Made an account just for this, just got my k70 rbg lux today, and have a fully automated home with Insteon and Hue. Would LOVE for this to be possible, even if in the meantime it was through a IFTTT webhook or a temp script. Im not sure if Hue has released an API at all for their Hue Entertainment\Hue Sync but if there is an API for iCue someone perhaps could shimmy a small script until the professionals make it work completely.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:40 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964231
hastegag Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyfrank View Post
...Sync but if there is an API for iCue someone perhaps could shimmy a small script until the professionals make it work completely.
My method is a bit rubbish given the limitations, but you can determine icues active profile by polling for static lighting in a specific key or zone and then act on it with SDK integration (an app running alongside cue), so if that meant you could effect Phillips lights programattically, then yes.