The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2016, 10:43 AM

POST ID # = 841447
eCronik Reputation: 10
Question Corsair H80i - constant Quiet-Mode & Firmware-Update via newest CL?

Hey guys,

I am using the H80i for an i7-5930K since 1.5 years now and just discovered Corsair Link. Didn't even know it existed, as I've bought the PC from a manufacturer.

Anyways, I was complaining all the time, that the cooler is pretty noisy - until I discovered the Quiet Mode now. When monitoring Corsair Link, the only thing that changes when I switch from Balanced to Quiet is the RPM of the Fan's, as it goes down to around 1150 RPM in idle, load 1350 RPM - Pump remains being around 2300 RPM, idle and load. So basically constantly using the Quiet-Mode should even increase the life of my Cooler, right (or at least of the Fans)? So is it safe to use the Quiet Mode all the time?
I did OC my CPU to 4.3 GHz - in Balanced Mode max load temps were around 70°C - in Quiet Mode it is max 75°C. Loving the silence... :) Corsair Link says the H80i stays below 50°C at all times. Is that OK too, as I assume there the liquid is meant. What would be the max temperature for that?

Furthermore, I've seen in Corsair Link (Version 4.2.1.42) that my Cooler has a Firmware (1.0.5). Are there any updates on that and if so, how to apply it? Don't see any function for that in Link and when searching via Google don't find any links or ways to download any Firmware?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
eC

Last edited by eCronik; 03-09-2016 at 12:54 PM.

Tags
corsair link, firmware, h80i, quiet mode