Corsair Community

H100i V2 and all fans not showing up in Link

jraymond394

Hello,

Just a heads up, this is my first PC and I'm very new to all of this. Long story short I purchased a PC from cyberpowerpc. I have a H100i V2 installed but for some reason it wont show up on Corsair Link. Also I have the corsair 570x case and that comes standard fans. My link is only showing 2 fans, one for the GPU and one for the CPU. I do not see my H100i V2 or the other fans. If someone can help a very very new PC person, it would be greatly appreciated. Again, sorry in advance for any stupid questions or statements I may make, as I have never built a PC and have owned Macbooks my entire life so please bear with me.

Thanks

Hi there ...

So ... the challenging part is we don't know how cyberpowerpc configured the system. So we can give generic advice, assuming that CyberPowerPC installed the cooler according to instructions but that may not be the case; we've seen other boutique PC shops install things in crazy ways.

It will help if you fill out your system specs to the best of your knowledge.

First, for Link to see your cooler, it should have a USB cable connecting to a USB 2.0 header on your motherboard. This cable will be connected to the side of the pump head (mounted on your CPU). Can you take a look and see if it's there? (feel free to post pictures too).

For the fans ... the out-of-the-box RGB Fan configuration for that case doesn't use a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro), which is required for Link to control the lighting. Instead, it uses a push-button controller that can then be attached to buttons on your case. Can you take a look at this? You may also have a fan controller for the fan speed control. Again, is this something that you can look at?

I also suggest that you take a look at the RGB FAQ linked in my signature. It has photos of the different connectors, which will help you identify what you're looking at.

Hi there ...

So ... the challenging part is we don't know how cyberpowerpc configured the system. So we can give generic advice, assuming that CyberPowerPC installed the cooler according to instructions but that may not be the case; we've seen other boutique PC shops install things in crazy ways.

First, for Link to see your cooler, it should have a USB cable connecting to a USB 2.0 header on your motherboard. This cable will be connected to the side of the pump head (mounted on your CPU). Can you take a look and see if it's there? (feel free to post pictures too).

For the fans ... the out-of-the-box RGB Fan configuration for that case doesn't use a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro), which is required for Link to control the lighting. Instead, it uses a push-button controller that can then be attached to buttons on your case. Can you take a look at this? You may also have a fan controller for the fan speed control. Again, is this something that you can look at?

I also suggest that you take a look at the RGB FAQ linked in my signature. It has photos of the different connectors, which will help you identify what you're looking at.

they added a corsair lighting pro to go with the box because the standard 570x rgb was on backorder. I have the 570x without rgb fan or remote, and when I go into link I have to add 6 fans in the configure in order to get them too all light up. I will provide a list for my pc specs from the invoice, hold on.

Hi there ...

BLKFRISALE1: CyberpowerPC Gaming Mouse Pad [+0]

BLUETOOTH: None

CABLE: None

CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

CAS: Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front/Top & Both Side tempered glass

CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller

CC: None

CD: None

CD2: None

COOLANT: None

CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)

CS_FAN: Default case fans

ENGRAVING: Custom Picture (we will contact you for picture submission detail after processing your order) [+29]

EVGA_POWER: None

FA_HDD: None

FAN: Corsair Hydro H100i V2 240mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate - Extreme Cooling Performance [+83] (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)

FLASHMEDIA: None

FREEBIE_MN: None

FREEBIE_VC: None

FREEBIE_WAP: None

HD_M2SSD: 250GB WD Blue Series M.2 SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 540/500 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 97/79k (Single Drive)

HD_PCIE1X_SSD: None

HDD: 240GB WD Green SSD + 3TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [+96] (Combo Drive)

HDD2: None

HEADSET: None

IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD: None [-5]

MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/2800MHz Dual Channel Memory [+270] (Corsair Vengeance LPX [+60])

MONITOR: None

MOPAD: None

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME Z370-P ATX w/ USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [intel Optane Ready]

MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Corsair TX-M Series TX850M 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Semi-Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+77]

PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring + [black] Phanteks Premium Extension Cables sleeved set [24Pin MB + 8Pin CPU + 6+2 Pin VGA] [+39]

RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 12 to 15 Business Days

SECURITY: None

SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)

SLI_BRIDGE: None

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS: None

USBHD: None

USBX: None

VIDEO: GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5X (Pascal)[VR Ready] (Single Card)

VIVE_HEADSET: None

WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]

WNC: None

WTV: None

I don't see anything in that BOM that says "Lighting Node Pro".

This -> CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller <- Does not sound like a Lighting Node Pro.

that was the original invoice, they did in fact send the lighting node pro and the non rgb 570x.

that was the original invoice, they did in fact send the lighting node pro and the non rgb 570x.

OK. So what fans and how many? The 570x RGB typically comes with 3x SP-RGB fans connected to a Fan Hub only, not to a Lighting Node Pro. This has a push-button controller and isn't controllable via software w/o a NoPro.

The NoPro, by the way, will also need to be connected via USB to the motherboard, just like the cooler. In fact, the cables will look pretty much the same.

Hi there ...

https://imgur.com/2EHo1CP

https://imgur.com/pW1X6OG

https://imgur.com/trbxGBj

https://imgur.com/TKuhNjh

OK. So what fans and how many? The 570x RGB typically comes with 3x SP-RGB fans connected to a Fan Hub only, not to a Lighting Node Pro. This has a push-button controller and isn't controllable via software w/o a NoPro.

The NoPro, by the way, will also need to be connected via USB to the motherboard, just like the cooler. In fact, the cables will look pretty much the same.

apologize, here is the correct invoice of everything.

https://imgur.com/YHQz2FZ

As far as I can see, you only have 3 SP-RGB fans installed; is this correct? What ports on the Fan Hub are the fans plugged in to?

The NoPro is also set up correctly; that's good.

Where is the radiator installed? Is it in the top? I know you have pictures but it's not clear.

Have you checked the pump header (it'll say "Corsair") to see if there is a USB cable coming out of it?

As far as I can see, you only have 3 SP-RGB fans installed; is this correct? What ports on the Fan Hub are the fans plugged in to?

The NoPro is also set up correctly; that's good.

Where is the radiator installed? Is it in the top? I know you have pictures but it's not clear.

Have you checked the pump header (it'll say "Corsair") to see if there is a USB cable coming out of it?

yes i have 3 sp fans, and im so beyond new to this im afraid to plug and unplug stuff lol, the wires were unfortunately placed in the back extremely messy so ill see if i can find the lead

Archived