The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-04-2006, 07:03 AM

POST ID # = 271365
mon77 Reputation: 10
Default A little help needed from a kind soul

Hi

I found in a thread the attached file of the SPD settings and how the correct settings should look like.....

My problem is that when I open the page where I can change the settings I can't see the last 4 settings (DRAM Trrd, Rank write to read delay, read to precharge delay and write to precharge delay). Do anyone know where and how I can find/open those????

I'm not that big an expert in computers so please help me and please respond so a not-computer guy can understand

thx a million times
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SPD_Disable1.JPG (246.7 KB, 456 views)

Old 12-04-2006, 08:24 AM

POST ID # = 271366
djxu Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon77 View Post
Hi

I found in a thread the attached file of the SPD settings and how the correct settings should look like.....

My problem is that when I open the page where I can change the settings I can't see the last 4 settings (DRAM Trrd, Rank write to read delay, read to precharge delay and write to precharge delay). Do anyone know where and how I can find/open those????

I'm not that big an expert in computers so please help me and please respond so a not-computer guy can understand

thx a million times
hi,Update BIOS to 0804,you can see it

Old 12-13-2006, 11:52 AM

POST ID # = 272719
mon77 Reputation: 10
Default A little more help

I have updated the bios to the latest version and change the settings as shown in the file aboved but is there something that I've missed changing cause my computer keep on crashing....

If it is possible can someone please post a step by step list I can follow so I can get my computer to work again :O)

thx

Old 12-13-2006, 12:33 PM
DerekT's PC Specs

POST ID # = 272724
DerekT Reputation: 10

Enter your BIOS. Load default settings. Save default settings. Sometimes one needs to follow the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I only update BIOS's for others when their system is in demand of a BIOS update in order to deal with a specific issue.

You might have to flash back to your previous BIOS. Hopefully you did save the previous BIOS?

Old 12-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Scorpi0n's PC Specs

POST ID # = 275308
Scorpi0n Reputation: 10
Default Unable view BIOS settings

I just built a new computer with a P5B and the Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400. I can't view the BIOS to change settings because nothing appears on the screen (yes, I'm sure it's on). I tried swapping video cards, swapping gpu and RAM slots, unplugging unnecessary components, swapping monitors, clearing the CMOS, etc, and still nothing shows up on the screen. I asked about this problem here: http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardw...420820#1420820
and was recommended to this forum thread. Everyone else here seems to have been able to access the BIOS though. The computer restarts itself after a few seconds, as is usual, but not when I press Delete--so I think it is entering the BIOS settings, just not showing them. I'm looking for tips on how to view the BIOS settings. Until I get to that point, I can't try adjusting any of the settings posted here. I have additional components listed in the first post in the link above, and if you need any additional info I'd be happy to provide it.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 275312
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

I would strongly suggest you start a new thread. Your post may easily get overlooked here in this thread and you will get more views with a new one. Also, you don't have the same issue as the other posters here so, it will make it easier to give you specific advice to your problem.

Also, add your complete system specifications to your signature. And, list any troubleshooting you have done to this point.

Have you done a complete CMOS reset including removing the battery?

Old 12-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 275313
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Did you try the modules one at a time and if so what happens?

Old 12-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Scorpi0n's PC Specs

POST ID # = 275331
Scorpi0n Reputation: 10

Yes, I removed the battery and moved the jumper to reset the CMOS, and also tried using each module by itself. I will start a new thread momentarily.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:55 PM

POST ID # = 277908
sluzbenik Reputation: 10
Default any updates?

Has anyone else written to Asus and Corsair about this? I am still seeing posts from people with this RAM wondering why they are unstable at stock settings, and it is because they went to manual and the subtimings default to 10-10-10-10.

Still can't believe this hasn't been fixed in an Asus BIOS update. A lot of people have the 6400 C5...

Old 01-15-2007, 08:35 AM
koken2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 278075
koken2 Reputation: 10

OK i was suffering a similar problem, but then i changed my memory timings to
5-5-5-12 5-42-3-11-5-14 and now i don't get memtest 86+ errors.

However prime95 still has fatal errors (blend torture test) before the 1 minute mark, do i have a bad set of ram? are there any other changes in bios that i should make? Also the asus p5b deluxe doesn't let u change the command rate. Is there any way to do this that is not via bios?

Old 01-15-2007, 02:27 PM
DerekT's PC Specs

POST ID # = 278110
DerekT Reputation: 10

Please start a new thread so we can focus on you.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:38 PM
iodine23's PC Specs

POST ID # = 279765
iodine23 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluzbenik View Post
Has anyone else written to Asus and Corsair about this? I am still seeing posts from people with this RAM wondering why they are unstable at stock settings, and it is because they went to manual and the subtimings default to 10-10-10-10.

Still can't believe this hasn't been fixed in an Asus BIOS update. A lot of people have the 6400 C5...
I just read that a new BIOS was released in the last day or two, I believe it's called 0910. One of the listed changes:

4. Moidfy Write to Precharge Delay default from 10 to 11

Old 01-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 279885
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY
Please try and set the tested setting with the Voltage set to 2.1 Volts and Change ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15. The please disable legacy USB and test with www.memtest.org. You can follow the link in my signature for the tested settings and all settings not listed should be set to Bios default or Auto!
Did you change ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15.