The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235412
Italiano86 Reputation: 10

I'm having the same problem as you angelobr. Here's a link to my previous post, which is still kinda open, problem NOT solved. I just got off the phone with an amd tech that tested my cpu with my exact mobo with some OCZ ram I believe, and she said the cpu memory controller is fine. I fell like I'm gettin the run around here. Not to flame ram guy, he told me to contact asus, which I did, and they in turn said my mem comtroller has failed, which it certainly has not. For everyone with our exact issue, the problem is definitely the mobherboard and ram combination, I seriously doubt that after getting two brand new mobo's from asus that a ram slot is defective. My next, and only two options I have left, are to send my ram back to Corsair, or send my mobo back to asus, which will probably accomplish nothing. I can't remember who said it, but seriously, after getting a second brand new mobo, that can't be the problem. As soon as I get my cpu back, I may just send my ram back and get it replaced, and if that does nothing, then I may just have to buy from another company...which I would really hate to have to do.

Edit: you gotta be kidding me, I can't even list the name of the ram that was tested, and I love corsair! lol Here's a hint: OscarCharlieZulu

Last edited by Italiano86; 01-31-2006 at 08:53 PM.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 235430
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Let's get them both replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Old 01-31-2006, 10:59 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235441

Thanks RamGuy, I'll see about replacing them once I get my cpu back. Could there be a coincidence for users having the same problem as me be because of the setups, ie: some corsair dimms with some asus mobo's? Have you replaced a persons ram that was having the same type of problem as us, and if so, has it solved the problem? Hope I'm not bothering you with too many questions.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:54 AM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235474
angelobr Reputation: 10

I just send my mobo to be replaced and I'll probably get the new one only on next tuesday, so until that day I'll have to wait :(

After getting this new mobo, that'll be the third one from Asus, if my memory don't work again I'll replace my CPU, and if don't work also them I'll sell those Corsair sticks and buy another memory, probably from another company.

Unfortunatelly I live in Brazil, and is not so easy to get my ram replaced.. so, as it's working, is much easier for me to just sell them and get some brand new other ones...

Old 02-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 235513

Can you tell me the make and model of PSU you have?

Old 02-01-2006, 02:45 PM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235527

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY
Can you tell me the make and model of PSU you have?
RAM GUY I don't know if your question was for me, but if it was them let's go.

My new PSU is a SevenTeam 550-EAG. The old one was a VCom 430 Watts.

Old 02-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 235530

I have never heard of either unit. I would try and get a PC Power and Cooling or Ennermax PSU if you can. This MB is picky with the PSU you use.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:03 PM
sherriff's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235535
sherriff Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridsoldier23
Wow... I have almost the exact same setup except I have a 550 PSU made by Antec and a WD hard drive. My system does run in dual channel as you can see here http://i1.tinypic.com/mmc2kj.jpg and has had no errors at all. Temps are great and gaming is great. I ran aquamark3 scored 80,126 and nothing froze. I've been playing HL2 CSS and WoW for a week with everything maxed and no problems. Does this crash your system only with 3dmark06 or do all games crash?
Hi hybridsoldier23,
in the meantime I have found the problem. Some component will be to hot in my system. Even though I have checked all temperatures per monitoring, I made another test and build ventilators on the motherboardchipset and on the graphiccard, and I couldn't believe it, the system runs stable with all games now. I will do now more specific tests which component will be to hot.

Old 02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235555

Quote:
I have never heard of either unit. I would try and get a PC Power and Cooling or Ennermax PSU if you can. This MB is picky with the PSU you use.
Yea, an Enermax is a great psu. I have a seasonic s-12 500 watt one myself, and this one extremely rock solid psu. It runs at 80% efficiency and has to be one of the best psu's out there, plus it costs about 110. I'm going to test my ram in another system right now, I'll let you guys know what happens when I run it in dual-channel mode. If it works, then all fingers are pointing at asus...

Edit: Just got back from the tech. He told me that my hard drive is most likely the problem. Though the only advice he gave me is to boot the computer with only the ram and vid card. This will accomplish nothing because the computer doesn't crash during the bios, its after the OS load screen. A reformat is the last thing I can try, but would rather avoid.

Has anyone experiencing our problem reformatted, did a clean install of windows and tried loading in dual channel?

Last edited by Italiano86; 02-01-2006 at 06:58 PM.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:29 PM
hybridsoldier23's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235590
hybridsoldier23 Reputation: 10

Sherrif please let me know which component is running too hot. I'd also like to state as per my previous post this board DOES work fine with the value ram 2GB kit. I've been running my system for a week with both and the ram in dual channel and have never had a crash and my system has never become unstable.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:46 PM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235601

Quote:
I know that this should happen, to you never had heard of both PSU...

VCom is a Braziliam one, it`s not bad, nor good, but SevenTeam is a good one, compared here to Enermax, but Enermax is much more expensive here in Brazil, something around more than U$ 250,00.

As you don`t know about this new one, the Seventeam, I`m putting here a link to a review of it.

http://www.vr-zone.com.sg/?i=2794&s=1

This one is exact equal to mine, 550 watts, active PFC, sata connections, and everything else that I new PSU must have... I think that this`s really enough for this mobo...

Old 02-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235703

Hey guys, jsut a thought, do you think the bios has anything to do with the dual-channel mode messing up? I have the latest bios for the deluxe board. What version is your bios hybridsoldier23, have you flashed it yet?

Old 02-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 235811

What slots do you have the modules in and what bios version do you have?

Old 02-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Italiano86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235823

The bios version is 1015, and the ram will work in anything besides a dual-channel setup. I'm gonna try and flash it to 1016 as soon as I get my cpu back; Currently it's in slots a1/a2. I talked with my amd tech, she told me that the bios may not support the cpu version, which is revision E4. I emailed asus about the revision part, they will probably respond tomorrow. I also checked their website about which cpu's my bios supports, and they have supported my revision model since the 1007 bios came out, so my revision probably has nothing to do with the problem, lol.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Ezran's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235853
Ezran Reputation: 10

Imho i think that is not a RAM issue.. i have a different mobo (Abit AN8 ULtra) and same trouble to boot in dual channel, my memory works perfectly to other systems and i even tested modules singularly with memtest..
It sounds like a controller problem..