The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-28-2004, 01:24 PM

POST ID # = 112971
Calbrenar Reputation: 10

Where is the revision on the radeon? I don't see any number that looks like one....

On sticker:

3139 147 18921 H#
F11236/W H-3
Sv20 0237

AIW 9700 Pro 128M

then s/n and p/n

On the fan it has PN7120003300 and 2Y4J

1001.G for A7N8X

Memory says XMX3205V1.1 0306010 on one

and XMS3205v1.2 0409099 on the other

They came in two separate plastic cases both opened. So much for the "matched pair" that I paid almost $500 for that were specifically tested as a set.

Power supply is a Antec True 430. If you read the thread you'll see I already had a dif power supply and that didn't work either. Same with every other component in there they have all been swapped out. EVERYTHING but the case. Even the video card has been checked with a dif card in.

I don't know what you have against Antec but according to Asus and various reviews on the web they are one of the two best PSU makers.

Old 03-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 113151
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

The first thing to do would be to update the MB bios; however, I would suggest you contact the MB maker, as to the proper procedure with this version 1.001G to the latest 1.007. Second, if you have not done so. The video card may be the issue as well, however I would try the above steps and the settings listed bellow, then if you still have problems try the modules one at a time to make sure it is not a failing module. If you have another Video card you can use just to test that may help to isolate the problem.
Then s/n and p/n
1029 1029570101072453 would be what to look for the way I understand it. However, I would suggest that you contact them to be sure.
The modules the reseller sold you are not a Twinx set, I would talk to them and check your receipt, and if they charged you for Twinx, they should replace them. However, this revision is no longer available and if you specifically asked for Rev 1.1, they may have just sent you two single modules.
Load setup defaults and I would set the timings to Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to “3” and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and leave the performance mode set to user define and test them one at a time.
If this still does not solve the problem I would maybe try going back to Bios 1.006 and testing the memory in another system would help to isolate the problem as well.
If you should find you have a failing modules and submit the RMA, please talk to our customer service about getting a Twinx set replaced.

Old 03-29-2004, 11:30 PM

POST ID # = 113195
x86odyssey Reputation: 10

Calbrenar, This might seem like an odd question, but what is your AGP aperture set to in CMOS? I had some problems similar to yours and setting AGP aperture to the lowest setting supported (32Mb) cleared up all problems. I have absolutely no idea why this worked, but it did work. Maybe RAMGUY can start an APG aperture support group for us if this helps you :)

Old 03-30-2004, 08:34 PM

POST ID # = 113403

Um.... How can you say that I didn't have TWINX modules? They came in one package and were marked TWINX both on the package and on the ram. The memory that you RMA'd BACK to me is two separate revisions and NOT TWINX.

YOu guys RMA'd me the wrong stuff.

In regards to the other stuff. My BIOS is already at 1007 you asked for the HARDWARE revision which is 1001.G or whatever. I've tried it with a PCI video card before with the old memory and same errors.

PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT TO READ OLD POSTS BEFORE YOU REPLY.

I understand you have a ton of posts to reply to but it is very frustrating when you repeat the same thing you've already told me and I've already answered.

I'm not going to bother trying the settings with this memory since you sent me the wrong memory back and I would like to know how I can get this fixed.

Old 03-30-2004, 08:38 PM

POST ID # = 113404

Quote:
Originally Posted by x86odyssey
Calbrenar, This might seem like an odd question, but what is your AGP aperture set to in CMOS? I had some problems similar to yours and setting AGP aperture to the lowest setting supported (32Mb) cleared up all problems. I have absolutely no idea why this worked, but it did work. Maybe RAMGUY can start an APG aperture support group for us if this helps you :)
It is set to 64. I can't test your idea right now since I don't have my proper TWinX memory but even if it did work I wouldn't accept it. I didn't pay to have lower performance out of my system in order to get my "supposedly" superior memory to work properly.

Old 03-31-2004, 12:21 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 113511

"Um.... How can you say that I didn't have TWINX modules? They came in one package and were marked TWINX both on the package and on the ram. The memory that you RMA'd BACK to me is two separate revisions and NOT TWINX."
Please contact whom ever issued you the RMA as they should be able to help you resolve that, Probably when you submitted the RMA you entered 2 CMX part#'s rather than 1 Twinx part#. But please talk to our Customer service.

For the modules running at the tested settings, there is no way we can guarantee every MB will be able to run at these settings. Some MB's will just not run well with agressive settings and changing the modules will have no affect. That’s not to say it’s a module or MB problem, just sometimes the MB will not run over clocked. However, let’s get you the correct modules or what you paid for and see how they perform.

Old 03-31-2004, 03:26 PM

POST ID # = 113537

How is running the memory at the manuacturer suggested settings and the motherboard defaults overclocking? I have never tried to overclock anything that I've had.

I'm curious is there anyway to return the memory and get a refund from corsair? I'm sick and tired of having to deal with this over and over and over again. I bought the memory through pricewatch so I'm not even sure who the reseller is.

Old 04-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 113721

Well I am sorry, as we do not sell direct and would not have a way to process that type of transaction. Please try to find out who the reseller was and see if they will help you with that!

Old 04-01-2004, 01:40 PM

POST ID # = 113723
x86odyssey Reputation: 10

calbrenar, could running in dual channel mode also be doubleing the effective size of AGP aperture? If so, setting BIOS to 32 MB would not be reducing performance from standard, but keeping it where it belongs. Let me know how things go. GOODLUCK!

Old 04-15-2004, 11:19 PM

POST ID # = 116222

Only 2 Weeks and still no reply from RMA. I want my twinx modules I paid for back.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:39 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 116224

Calbrenar
Please email Customer Servie with your RMA# and they can check the status for you!

Old 10-18-2005, 03:44 PM

POST ID # = 218672

Just thought I'd give you an update. Two or so years later and this computer is still buggy. I don't recommend using Corsair or Asus. I've never been able to get this computer to run in dual channel mode no matter how much time I spent messing around with settings. The Asus board sometimes says system failed memory test but if i restart it boots fine. Memtest never found any problems and the temperature has always been stable. The temptation to give up on building my own machines and just get a retail one that if anything goes wrong i can just say fix it, is almost overwhelming ;/

Old 10-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 218675

That is just crazy! Please call our Tech support and we will do our best to help you get this resolved and have a stable system.

Old 10-18-2005, 03:56 PM

POST ID # = 218677

I wasn't aware that there was a phone # that this forum was it.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 218681
Wired Reputation: 32

Corsair'd be crazy if this was their only tech support avenue :)

1-888-222-4346
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)