The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2016, 12:05 PM
Sohco's PC Specs

POST ID # = 871288
Sohco Reputation: 10

UPDATE: Also a bit of a heads up to anyone on the east coast who may be experiencing issues with the Vengeance LED and NewEgg RMA. All RMA's get sent back to CA for Newegg. Doesn't matter where you received your package from ( for me, most items come out of Edison, NJ ) so expect your RMA to take at least 2 weeks turnaround. It took a week to get out to the west coast using the provided NewEgg RMA tag. I could have sent it express myself, by I don't think it is acceptable for a company to require me to pay to ship a defective product back.

Corsair does have an option of giving them a CC where they will ship you a replacement and give you time to send the defective kit back. They will charge your card if you fail to ship the RMA back, but would definately be a much quicker way to possibly resolve our issues.

I hope.....the next kit I receive works as advertised. I can not see me, or anyone else having to go through constant RMAs with WEEKS as a turn around. I do not think that is a proper way this should be handled, but that is how it is set up so....

If this kit does not work properly, then I will go with a different manufacturer. So far, I am thoroughly un impressed with the way the situation has been handled and how long it has taken. I buy a lot of corsair products and this has certainly left a bad taste. It should not matter if you (Corsair) believe it is only a small amount of people who are having these issues. ALL problems need to be resolved with equal importance.

Last edited by Sohco; 09-14-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:42 PM
Sohco's PC Specs

POST ID # = 871348
Sohco Reputation: 10

Last update:

NewEgg has now decided they are refunding the purchase price of the 32gb Vengeance LED kit. No explanation as to why but I did notice that it now says they are out of stock. It caps off a very bad experience all around. I will not be buying any other corsair products if only for the fact that if it is defective or breaks, I will have to go through this awful experience again.

Good luck to everyone else who is having issues with this product. I do hope it all gets resolved.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:24 PM
Qqu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 871360
Qqu Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohco View Post
Last update:

NewEgg has now decided they are refunding the purchase price of the 32gb Vengeance LED kit. No explanation as to why but I did notice that it now says they are out of stock. It caps off a very bad experience all around. I will not be buying any other corsair products if only for the fact that if it is defective or breaks, I will have to go through this awful experience again.

Good luck to everyone else who is having issues with this product. I do hope it all gets resolved.
That is Newegg's policy, if an item is not in stock they refund you. This just happened to me with my Asus RVE10 that had a replacement only policy for returns. Sent it back due to a dead lan port and since they were out of stock, they simply refunded me.

Could be a coincidence or pulled from stock by Corsair. No way to know for sure but I am having to send 2 kits in for RMA, not happy about it either

Old 09-15-2016, 07:22 AM
Oggela's PC Specs

POST ID # = 871391
Oggela Reputation: 10

I live in Sweden and bought my kit through a German retailer because no one in Sweden had them in stock. I started my RMA and shipped the kit back August 22nd, got a reply a week later that they had received my package and that they would forward my claim to the manufacturer or service partner? This could take about 15-20 working days according to the email I got. Got a new email today saying that my RMA is still in process. :(

What I don´t understand is that when I asked Corsair Support about how to handle this RMA, I was asked to contact the vendor because it was within a 30-day time period since I bought it. What is the point if the vendor then forwards the kit to Corsair or a Service partner? Seems ineffective to me. Never had this delay with Swedish retailers, maybe it´s just different in other European countries.

Well sorry for going slightly off-topic. I have a spare HyperX kit I´m using while waiting. I´m just not very confident that the new kit I will receive is going to hold up... :(

Old 09-15-2016, 07:44 PM
babovand's PC Specs

POST ID # = 871484
babovand Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggela View Post
I live in Sweden and bought my kit through a German retailer because no one in Sweden had them in stock. I started my RMA and shipped the kit back August 22nd, got a reply a week later that they had received my package and that they would forward my claim to the manufacturer or service partner? This could take about 15-20 working days according to the email I got. Got a new email today saying that my RMA is still in process. :(

What I don´t understand is that when I asked Corsair Support about how to handle this RMA, I was asked to contact the vendor because it was within a 30-day time period since I bought it. What is the point if the vendor then forwards the kit to Corsair or a Service partner? Seems ineffective to me. Never had this delay with Swedish retailers, maybe it´s just different in other European countries.

Well sorry for going slightly off-topic. I have a spare HyperX kit I´m using while waiting. I´m just not very confident that the new kit I will receive is going to hold up... :(
Hahah same here, Sweden, did you buy your sticks from Proshop? they are a mess....

Old 09-16-2016, 05:34 AM
Oggela's PC Specs

POST ID # = 871527
Oggela Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by babovand View Post
Hahah same here, Sweden, did you buy your sticks from Proshop? they are a mess....
Nope, I bought mine from a German retailer called jacob.de. Hopefully I'll get my new kit within a week or two. It would be nice if Corsair could update us with some results or reasons for this problem...

Old 09-19-2016, 12:19 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 872004
Corsair Black Pearl Reputation: 10

We have received a small number of customer reports of Vengeance LED modules that fail to boot on the X99 platform after a few weeks of use. The engineering team was able to replicate the issue (thanks to you all for providing system spec), isolated to a small batch of Vengeance LED White and Red that were released earlier. If you are not experiencing this issue then it is likely that your RAM is not one of the few that are affected. Please contact our RMA support if you do have X99 no boot issue, we will expedite your replacement at our cost. We apologize for the inconvenience.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

Last edited by Corsair Black Pearl; 09-19-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Old 09-20-2016, 03:27 PM
babovand's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872211
babovand Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Black Pearl View Post
We have received a small number of customer reports of Vengeance LED modules that fail to boot on the X99 platform after a few weeks of use. The engineering team was able to replicate the issue (thanks to you all for providing system spec), isolated to a small batch of Vengeance LED White and Red that were released earlier. If you are not experiencing this issue then it is likely that your RAM is not one of the few that are affected. Please contact our RMA support if you do have X99 no boot issue, we will expedite your replacement at our cost. We apologize for the inconvenience.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp
Glad to help

Do I need to send back my faulty RAM?

I cannot have downtime on my PC right now because of work.

Express Replacement is not available on the RMA options.
My retailer (Proshop.se) have not gotten my RAM re-stocked for about almost 2 months now, I've been hoping for a fix until the RAM gets restocked at my retailer. This is the reason I've not made an RMA yet.

But now I know there is no fix, and that's totally okey, but how should I proceed?

Old 09-20-2016, 04:37 PM
Qqu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872217
Qqu Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by babovand View Post
Glad to help

Do I need to send back my faulty RAM?

I cannot have downtime on my PC right now because of work.

Express Replacement is not available on the RMA options.
My retailer (Proshop.se) have not gotten my RAM re-stocked for about almost 2 months now, I've been hoping for a fix until the RAM gets restocked at my retailer. This is the reason I've not made an RMA yet.

But now I know there is no fix, and that's totally okey, but how should I proceed?
They don't have any in stock, I tried again today to get mine replaced via Express RMA and was told ETA has been pushed back 6-days. Disappointing...

Old 09-21-2016, 12:45 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 872346
Corsair Art Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qqu View Post
They don't have any in stock, I tried again today to get mine replaced via Express RMA and was told ETA has been pushed back 6-days. Disappointing...
Give me your ticket number, I'll try to find a comparable/better alternative.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:17 PM

POST ID # = 872350
Josh979 Reputation: 10

Have the defective sticks been pulled from store shelves? I was just about to order 6 sticks of the 16GB white from Newegg for an X99 build I'm putting together... I really don't want to buy these if there is a high possibility they may fail within a week or two...

Old 09-21-2016, 01:21 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 872351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh979 View Post
Have the defective sticks been pulled from store shelves? I was just about to order 6 sticks of the 16GB white from Newegg for an X99 build I'm putting together... I really don't want to buy these if there is a high possibility they may fail within a week or two...
Hi Josh,

should be fine. thx

Old 09-30-2016, 03:06 PM
socialwaif's PC Specs

POST ID # = 873717
socialwaif Reputation: 10

I am in the same boat as many of you. My first two kits of the white Vengeance LED were faulty or died on me within a few weeks. I ordered mine through Amazon and got replacements sent out. After having had the second kit go bad - one module was flaky - I asked for a refund. I am not sure if I want to give Corsair another go or just try a different brand...

Old 09-30-2016, 04:16 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 873730

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialwaif View Post
I am in the same boat as many of you. My first two kits of the white Vengeance LED were faulty or died on me within a few weeks. I ordered mine through Amazon and got replacements sent out. After having had the second kit go bad - one module was flaky - I asked for a refund. I am not sure if I want to give Corsair another go or just try a different brand...
Completely understand your situation and sorry for the inconvenience. The issue has been addressed, and current shipping Vengeance LED kits are free of this issue. You can create a support ticket on Corsair.com to have your memory replaced. Thank you.

Old 10-01-2016, 06:00 PM
socialwaif's PC Specs

POST ID # = 873849
socialwaif Reputation: 10

Thanks, good to hear. Seems like it was just the white ones that were affected. Hope a blue one performs better.