Corsair Community

Corsair MM600 Double sidee mousepad question.

Marctraider

Hi.

I've recently bought a MM600 mousepad, but I'm still seeking answers which seem to be unanswered everywhere I look.

First of all, the product is advertised as having two sides with different texture profiles. One for speed and one for precision.

Now first of all, logically, the mouse moves just as fast on either side per traveled unit/inch (duh). The texture is different, the control side is less finely ground, and the speed side is finely ground.

The only difference I can feel is that on the speed side, the mouse moves with less resistance, thus moving more freely without applying as much pressure.

Was this exact reason the whole purpose of the different texture on each side? I was under the assumption that perhaps the rough side was better for the optical laser/camera, to minimize error rate or such.

Another question, does the honey cell structure on the smooth side serve any purpose? I assume not as the texture starts to fade at the sides of the mousepad.

Other than these questions, the mousepad exceed my expectations and its pretty remarkable.

Satisfied customer :)

:biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, you are correct. There is not much difference between the 2 sides but use one side for a while, then switch and you will notice the difference?

Can I ask where you scored the old model with the hex pattern on it? I can't find one anywhere, everyone has the new model with the new logo. PM me with a link if you would please.

Archived