Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2019, 06:52 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1017853
Corsair Jam Reputation: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by panospc View Post
I noticed that if I set HWINFO64 polling rate very low (for example 100ms) my h100i platinum goes crazy, connects and disconects every few seconds, wrong temp readings etc...
HWInfo has a setting that will conflict with our drivers. We recommend disabling this feature through HWInfo's settings. It can be located under "Safety" > Uncheck "CorsairLink and Asetek Support".

Old 09-21-2019, 12:19 PM

POST ID # = 1018913
Tessachka Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Jam View Post
HWInfo has a setting that will conflict with our drivers. We recommend disabling this feature through HWInfo's settings. It can be located under "Safety" > Uncheck "CorsairLink and Asetek Support".
Just registered to make you guys and other users of Corsair products aware this same issue exists with the Aida64 hardware monitoring software. The moment I installed it I ran into the disconnect problem that had NOT ever occurred previously.

I have the H100i platinum cooler. THANK YOU for this post about HWInfo! After seeing it, I went into Preferences in Aida64, then Stability, then unchecked Asetek LC Sensor Support, Corsair AXi sensor support, Corsair HXi/RMi sensor support, Corsair Hydro Platinum sensor support, and Corsair Link sensor support. Doing this solved my disconnects.

I'm concerned that there may be other programs out there that will interfere in some way in the future.. Since this is a known solution and both Aida64 and HWInfo are trying to support the Corsair product, it would be amazing if you could work with them on a potential solution that doesn't involve turning off their services. It may help with other programs too. If this is already being worked on please ignore, and thanks again! :D

Last edited by Tessachka; 09-21-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Old 10-12-2019, 01:14 PM
jzzlkizzle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021089
jzzlkizzle Reputation: 10
Default Rgb blip

I fixed he rgb blip and annoying windows notification by changing the cpu fan settings in the BIOS settings on my msi gaming plus MB.
I one-click selected PWM fan type setting for the CPU FAN (changes the fans power settings to PULSE WIDTH MODULATION) and that stopped the issue. What prompted me to do this : I noticed the rpm reading on my cpu fan (corsair pump driver was 0 rpm, as soon as I switched over to PWM type it bumped to 1200RPM.
IF YOU'RE HAVING THIS RGB BLIP PROBLEM YOUR CPU PUMP MAY NOT ACTUALLY BE OPERATING AND YOUR CPU MAY FAIL!

From what I gather, the usb power connector for the cpu pump (thicker cable) only provides power to the pump and does not actually control the rate of flow for the pump. this control is prompted by temperature readings from the motherboard and gives feedback to the 4 prong cpu cooler connector that plugs into the thinner wires coming out of the Corsair cooler head. Typically the factory cpu fan always comes on immediately at power up, however the low variable output may not be enough to get the Corsair cooler pump going. PWM is also ironically the preferred electrical current signal method to control dimming of RGB LEDs