The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2019, 07:38 PM
SlippinJimmy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016613
SlippinJimmy Reputation: 10
Default Got 4 ML120 RGB fans but only 1 lights up

All fans are spinning, but only #1 is lit. Got a 3 pack of fans with the lighting node and fan hub then another solo fan of the same type. The solo fan is the only one lit. I made sure to connect them in the right order, double checked before booting and then triple checked when it wasn't working and the RGB headers are definitely connected to the right slots on the fan hub. In Corsair Link, I can't see my fans listed in the devices window but I can see them in the home screen. I also can't control the color of the fans, the only thing I can configure is the name of each fan. Not sure what to do since I'm certain the cables are properly connected. The only thing is I used the same SATA cable to power both the lighting node and the fan hub, should I use separate cables?

Edit: Using Corsair Link v4.9.9.3

Last edited by SlippinJimmy; 09-02-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:48 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016624
DevBiker Reputation: 88

You know that Link is end-of-life right? iCUE is the current version.
Can you show the setup screen for Link?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:42 PM
SlippinJimmy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016631

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
You know that Link is end-of-life right? iCUE is the current version.
Didn't know that, the box the fans came in said to use Link. I can't see the fans in iCUE at all, I already had that for my peripherals. I just looked at the tutorial video for setting up the fans and I don't have that commander pro module, is it needed? The set of fans I got came with a different one, a lighting node and a fan hub. I got it from a retail storefront so it could be some old stuff apparently if the box still says to use dead software.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:54 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016633

Not necessarily old stuff - I'm not sure that all of the boxes have been updated yet.
If you already have iCUE, Link won't even work for you and it should say that the device is being controlled by iCUE. If it doesn't say that, you have an old (pre-iCUE release) version of Link and that's not going to work regardless.
And no, you don't need the Commander Pro but you'll set up the fans the exact same way - go to Lighting Setup and set the number and type of fans on the channel. If you can show a capture of your iCUE screen, we can help a little better.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:34 PM
SlippinJimmy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016635

Can't seem to find that lighting setup menu. Here's what I'm looking at on the home screen of iCUE https://imgur.com/a/O5ex5h4

Old 09-02-2019, 11:41 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016637

iCue doesn't see your LNP at all? And Link does? Can you uninstall Link?
Can you try a repair install of iCUE?

Old 09-02-2019, 11:50 PM
SlippinJimmy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016639

I uninstalled both, then reinstalled iCUE but same thing. Confirmed latest version.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:04 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016642

The LNP doesn't show up in iCUE? How about in USBDeView? Download USBDeView from https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Old 09-03-2019, 12:11 AM
SlippinJimmy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016643

I don't see it in iCUE, no. Here is what I see in Deview https://imgur.com/a/kwUGUPM

Old 09-03-2019, 12:16 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016644

It doesn't look like it's in there but I can't see the Vendor ID or Product ID so I can't be sure.
If Windows doesn't pick up the LNP, iCUE won't either. This is done via standard USB detection. Check to make sure that its on the correct header and that it's not off by a pin (easy to do). As a test, you can also put a standard mini USB to USB A cable in there and route it to the back panel IO.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:32 AM
SlippinJimmy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016647

We are getting very close. I did miss a pin, fixed that. The fan that was lit is now differently lit. The node is detected. Updated node firmware. I set the ML series fans, 4 fans but still just the 1 fan lit. https://imgur.com/a/Hd8yNPl

Old 09-03-2019, 12:37 AM
SlippinJimmy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016648

Here's the updated Deview https://imgur.com/a/cafdgil

Old 09-03-2019, 09:40 AM
SlippinJimmy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016688

Ok I finally got it. I took the case panel off while it was running and tried all permutations of plugging the RGB headers into the LNP. For some reason I got it to work by plugging the RGB headers in reverse order of the number of the fans. I.E. SysFan1 is LNP Fan 4. Not sure why I had to do it in reverse but it works. Thanks for the help.