Corsair Community

Vengeance LPX 3000 CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 4.32 ryzen

M3rkman

Currently, and probably stupidly running 2x8 stick of CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 4.32 on my b450 tomahawk and ryzen 5 2600x. I did not know until after purchase from best buy that this set is not on my motherboards qvl, but versions 3.32, 5.30, 4.24 are. Currently running XMP profile #1 with everything set to auto.

Cpu-Z is saying that ram is currently running at 2800mhz 16-17-17-17-35-36 when kit is rated at 3000mhz 15-17-17-35-52. Do I need to return it and get a different set? Can I manually set timings are achieve tested speed?

You need to either enable XMP/DOCP and what ever goes along with that in your BIOS or manually set primary timings, frequency, DRAM voltage for 3000. If you are running 2800 it is unlikely there is a compatibility issue. However, some Ryzen 2000 series CPUs and their boards have a hard time getting over the 3000 hump. There are some motherboards in that series that capped the max frequency below 3000 MHz.

Currently running on xmp profile #1 which nets me the 2800mhz, profile 2 which is supposed to be 2933 causes bios to default to jedec 2133. Motherboard supports up to 3466oc. I'll try what you recommend when I get home home and report back.

I remember a lot of this when the 2000 series came out. MB product page lists some standard rung frequencies, then the A-XMP settings. Unclear from this end whether your RAM was meant for Intel only and the XMP setting does not have a A-XMP or DOCP equivalent. This could also be why it's not on the certified list for your board, when several other versions are. That doesn't mean the RAM can't work, but A-XMP will not.

*RAM product page lists this as Intel with no mention of AMD compatibility.

Yea, box says it's for Intel. I'll try manual settings and see what happens otherwise I'll have to return it and order new stuff, which sucks because I don't want to be without my PC. Weird how this version has the same model number. You think it'd work. Crap

Edit: looking at the comments section on best buy for this ram someone has the same board and just had to manually config to get rated speed. Here I go down the rabbit hole lol

Edited by M3rkman