The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2017, 06:11 AM

POST ID # = 922595
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

I've attached the screenshot showing the radio button.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (78.7 KB, 704 views)

Old 10-08-2017, 07:56 AM

POST ID # = 922604
Era Reputation: 10
Default They Changed the Profile Creation UI

Yes. But I'm using the latest CUE version, and as my attached screen shot here shows, they've left some things out (without, as usual, providing a readme.txt or other explanation of the changes and how to deal with them).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg profile temp.jpg (44.9 KB, 601 views)

Old 10-08-2017, 08:10 AM

POST ID # = 922607
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

The option to create hardware profiles is only available on the K95 Platinum, Scimitar RGB PRO, Glaive RGB, and any other peripheral device which supports on-board profiles.

If you do own a device that supports hardware profiles, you will want to make sure the device is selected first (Yellow highlight) before creating a new profile.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:19 AM

POST ID # = 922622

I have the K95 Gaming (not apparently platinum). For about a year I was able to define the lighting that appeared when in lock screen mode. Now I can't. Wish I knew what happened. Did the CUE software change to preclude defining the lock screen lighting on the keyboard? Or is one of the profiles used during lock screen? Very confusing.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:42 AM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922628
hastegag Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Era View Post
to define the lighting that appeared when in lock screen mode. Now I can't. Wish I knew what happened. Did the CUE software change to preclude defining the lock screen lighting on the keyboard? Or is one of the profiles used during lock screen? Very confusing.
If the lighting was not saved to the keyboard (you get three on that model i have the same one), you should not have seen anything but the hardware lighting in the lock screen unless the Cue software was running in the background perhaps as a service when you should see the default profile...

We should look into that because I suspect it could solve the issue people like myself have with the MM800 Polaris doing the factory lighting when the software is not running because it does not have memory...that way as soon as you were in the lock screen, depending on your power settings and group policy and user accounts, it should at least show the default lighting? Hopefully, but maybe that depends on what Cue2 does with the drivers/Hid.

I saw this, but maybe even task scheduler would do the same thing, I am not sure and have not tested yet:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...efined-service

I am going to see if i can force Cue to run as soon as the computer starts now with task scheduler at least and see what the results are...I'll reply in a moment...yeah so that does not work at all, I suspect Cue has dependencies that would not allow it to start...

Last edited by hastegag; 10-08-2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: failure clarification

Old 10-08-2017, 10:32 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922674
hastegag Reputation: 20

After re reading your post, I think you just need to hit this again? See picture linked. I only ever had to re do it one time.

I would do it on each of your M1 2 and 3 slots.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:26 AM
DasJetty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 924821
DasJetty Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Era View Post
Thank you Toasted for your response, but I'm using the latest build of CUE and I sure can't find any hardware profile radio button, or any other radio button, when I add a new profile.
I just purchased a K95 Platinum recently and went through the same issue. It really sucks that there is absolutely no directions or information on this topic. If you still haven't figured it out, here's a how to:

Being on the latest version of CUE with your K95 platinum, there is no option to create a hardware profile. They are already there. Three of them; K95P HW1, K95P HW2, and K95P HW3. These are the hardware profiles. You can rename them if you wish. The option to SAVE PROFILE TO DEVICE only becomes available when you've selected one of these profiles.

Create your lighting schemes while one of these profiles is selected. You cannot import a profile to a hardware profile. Along with that, you are limited to only FIVE EFFECTS for lighting. I'm not sure about macros.

Once you're done creating what you wish, go ahead a click save profile to device.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:15 AM

POST ID # = 924825
Default Thanks for the Pointer

I'll try to track down one of these cueprofiles. So far can't find one. Maybe I'll end up having to create one with that name, save it in the default cueprofiles folder, then at last be able to define what the keyboard looks like when the computer is asleep. Thanks again. Why they sell a very expensive keyboard and don't bother to document it is a psychological mystery.

Old 10-29-2017, 02:01 PM
DasJetty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 924843
DasJetty Reputation: 10

They should look like this from andressergio's post. Did you delete them maybe? I don't think you can create them, even if they are deleted. I deleted one, and was unable to create a hardware profile, or get the original back until I reset the keyboard. If you did happen to delete them, you can get them back by following the direction's he's posted here. Make sure to export any profiles you want to keep before doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andressergio View Post
ok guys i did a lit research and worked

1) Unplug Keyboard from the PC
2) Press ESC while connecting the keyboard to the USB

you will see that it will reset to factory defaults

Any soft/hardware firmware related will be solved

Old 03-28-2019, 09:33 PM

POST ID # = 999377
SuperbLegend Reputation: 10

Either I'm retarded or this overly complicated.
When I have a profile selected that has the sd card image next to it all that shows up under the actions, lighting effects etc on the bottom left is onboard profiles not save to device. If I click on that I can go in the and save that profile to slot 1 with the glaive rgb but it doesn't do anything restart pc I have to go into icue and select the profile to get it to be the colors I set to display on the mouse.been trying to find a solution for hours

Old 03-29-2019, 02:30 PM

POST ID # = 999452
xMacias Reputation: 20

When you save the profile to slot 1, you are saving the profile to the device's onboard memory. This profile will function when iCUE is not running if you don't want to keep it as a background process, meaning you will have to quit iCUE to have this profile active on the mouse. The profiles that are not SD card images are active when iCUE is running.