The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2016, 05:00 AM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 881579
Dicehunter Reputation: 16
Default CUE And Link Causing High Idle Clocks

Corsair CUE and Corsair Link are causing high idle clocks and high idle voltage on the 1000 series of GPU's when "Prefer Maximum Performance" is selected in the Nvidia control panel.

Without CUE or Link open -

With CUE and/or Link open i.e in the system tray -

Could this be to do with some 3D accelerated part of Corsair software ?

Last edited by Dicehunter; 12-09-2016 at 03:42 AM.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:22 PM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 891175
Dicehunter Reputation: 16

Ok tested this again on a completely different machine 6 months later and it's still the same, CUE and Link both cause high idle clocks and volts when either or both are running in the background, When using the "Prefer Maximum Performance" option in the Nvidia control panel without CUE and/or Link running in the background, Core clocks of the 1080 I'm using go down to 200MHz and GPU voltage goes down to around 0.600.

If CUE and/or Link are running in the background controlling macros, Lighting of peripherals, Fan speeds etc.... The GPU core clock spikes to 1600MHz and GPU voltage goes up to slightly over 0.800, Any possible solution to this in a future CUE update ? Maybe turn off 3D acceleration when the programs are running in the background ?

Clocks and voltage with CUE and/or Link running in the background -

Clocks and voltage without CUE and/or Link running in the background -

Last edited by Dicehunter; 02-13-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:57 PM

POST ID # = 892261
vram74 Reputation: 10

I've got a similar problem only its with my CPU. When CUE is enabled, my i5 6500 CPU will not throttle down when idle, causing it to run into turbo clocks even with low utilization.

My thread is here.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:58 PM

POST ID # = 967178
tiessar Reputation: 10

Just thought I'd revive this, having the same problem with the latest version of Link, exit Link and clocks go back down. Uninstalled Link even though I like to look at it every now and then.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:30 PM
MetalDeerSolid's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999507
MetalDeerSolid Reputation: 10

I wasn't sure to necro this thread or to make a new one. I'm having the same problem with my 980ti.

iCUE causes my card to stay at the boost clock settings and never drop, even when the graphic overlay is minimized.
I've updated card drivers.
I've uninstalled and clean installed iCUE many times.
I've tried going back to old CUE.
Every time iCUE/CUE is launched it causes my card to boost clock until I totally close it out. It's 100% repeatable.

Is there a solution to this I don't know? Is there an aftermarket program that will let me control the led's independently? I very much like my keyboard and mouse but that's a little bit more processing power than I'd like to give up.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:35 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999569
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 104

There is a separate forum for iCUE and most things you find in this sub-forum are not likely to be relevant on the now essentially deceased CUE 2 programs. However, the underlying cause is probably the same in both instances. Your GPU is responsible for rendering images. If you load a window with a bunch of little graphs and values that update in real time, it does require some GPU activity. Open up iTunes and your GPU is likely to hit max non-boost clocks as it renders all the icons/photos in your library. That said, any GPU activity I see on 3.14.100 is brief, even when on my dashboard with 24 separate graphs. It is slightly more than idle, but still down in the 330-400 MHz range. Check your Nvidia control panel settings. If you have set your power settings to maximum or something similar, it will apply the full load for trivial tasks.