Corsair Community

ICue Stops PC Toatally Shutting Down

EatMyPixels

Look it seems the more I dig for info about ICue the more I worry .

If I have it running my PC will not totally shut down it leaves random fans running slowly with a couple of Leds on the fan lit .Aso leaves the fan on CPU turning over albeit slowly .

Delete ICue all runs good and shut down as should do

Any Ideas good people:[pouts:

Are you actually shutting down? Or are you in the hibernation (Windows fast start) state?

Fans still running? From what? A Corsair cooler? Commander Pro? Need hardware specifics.

Complete shutdown state .After the PC has shutdown I get random cooling fans running slowly and a partial led display on those fans also CPU fan runs very slowly .

All fans are controlled by a commander pro with ICue .

If I delete ICue everything works great

If the PC is really shutdown, programs are not running, the CPU has zero power, and it does not matter if iCUE is installed or not. On the other hand, if you are in the false "shutdown" state with Windows Fast Boot, you are hibernating and that is something different.

The other possibility is some motherboards have settings that affect the shutdown behavior by applying power to USB ports or along Molex/SATA power lines. Unfortunately, this is very motherboard/BIOS specific so it's hard to make random guesses without any idea of the hardware. "Leaves the fan on the CPU turning slowly"(???) CPU Fan header? An air tower? Are these connected to the Commander Pro?

Ok when I built the PC last year everything was fine .All the fans are controlled with a comander pro 5 case fans and 1 on the cpu.once you hit turn off all would shut down until the PC was dead no lights no fans running .

I installed ICue and started to get problems with it interfering with programs which were on the pc then noticed on switch off this slow fans occured so deleted ICUE problem went away .

Recently I have bought a Dark Core mouse and to control it re-loaded ICUE and the fan problem has returned :( The only way to stop them is turn off the mains

This false shutdown comment confuses me what does it mean and how do you remove it ?