Corsair Community

iCUE software keeps dropping H100i - is there an actual fix for this?

OldManGrimm

In my latest build I've installed a Corsair RGB kit with a Lighting Node Pro controlling three 120mm and one 140mm fans. I also have an H100i Pro RGB cooler. These both require a USB 2.0 connection, and my mobo only has one USB 2.0 port, so I'm using an NZXT USB hub. Full parts list [here](https://pcpartpicker.com/user/grimmwrath/saved/#view=XtpYTW). I'm using the latest version of Corsair's iCUE software.

Basically, every time I boot the system, the iCUE software doesn't recognize the H100i, and the AIO defaults to rainbow cycling. The "fix" for this is to go into Device Manager, select Corsair USBXp Driver, and disable it. Reboot system, re-enable this driver, and the H100i is once again recognized. Problem is, this happens with every reboot, so this isn't really a fix.

Does anyone know of an actual fix for this?

Edit: Apparently the issue is with the NZXT USB hub. I substituted in a Commander Pro I had laying around and it's working fine.

That typically happens when you have another monitoring app that's trying to read from the Corsair device. Are you running anything like HWInfo, etc?

We're also getting rumblings that EVGA's LED Sync is doing this again as well. I don't know if you have that running but thought I'd mention it. I can't say that it's definite yet tho.

The PC I'm having this issue on is a fresh build. It has an R5 2600X and an MSI GTX 1080. The ASUS B450-i mobo only had one USB 2.0 port, so I'm using an NZXT USB hub. Other than the AMD chipset and Nvidia drivers, it's a completely clean Windows install. iCUE is literally the only thing installed on the PC.

Edit: I tried installing Corsair Link instead of iCUE, and it had the same issue on reboot.

Can you try a couple of things?

1) Use a standard USB cable and plug into the rear IO. I'm not sure which "flavor" of the H100i you have so I'm not sure if it's a mini or a micro USB that you need.

2) Remove the NZXT hub from the equation. Not saying that this is the issue - I have one as well - but let's remove anything else that may cause the issue.

Archived