The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Uptown2Trains's PC Specs

POST ID # = 335008
Uptown2Trains Reputation: 10

Woohoo! Will try this when I get home. Thanks Mr. Fox!

edit: success! Thanks!

Last edited by Uptown2Trains; 03-06-2008 at 08:36 PM.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:38 AM
dinopoke's PC Specs

POST ID # = 335060
dinopoke Reputation: 10

I love you Mr Fox. ;)

Old 03-07-2008, 03:16 AM
ShadE87's PC Specs

POST ID # = 335061
ShadE87 Reputation: 10

Do they work with any 8800GT/GTS G92 card or do they have to be EVGA? I ask this because there is no such driver on the nvidia driver download page... Anyway, i'm going to download this and see if it works...maybe i'm lucky...i'll post when i'm done.

L.E.: It's good to go! Any card you have (any producer), this driver WILL work! I can assure you, as my board is ASUS. Shame though that there is no support there at ASUS. Useless forums. Good work EVGA (their response was faster than nVIDIA's). I'll do some benchmarking when i get back home and let you know. Finally it's solved! No more Sentinel stress. Yuhuuu!

Last edited by ShadE87; 03-07-2008 at 03:48 AM.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:12 AM
EliteKiller's PC Specs

POST ID # = 335063
EliteKiller Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadE87 View Post
Do they work with any 8800GT/GTS G92 card or do they have to be EVGA? I ask this because there is no such driver on the nvidia driver download page... Anyway, i'm going to download this and see if it works...maybe i'm lucky...i'll post when i'm done.

L.E.: It's good to go! Any card you have (any producer), this driver WILL work! I can assure you, as my board is ASUS. Shame though that there is no support there at ASUS. Useless forums. Good work EVGA (their response was faster than nVIDIA's). I'll do some benchmarking when i get back home and let you know. Finally it's solved! No more Sentinel stress. Yuhuuu!
The 169.44's were an official BETA release direct from nvidia.

example: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_169.44.html

Old 03-07-2008, 06:48 AM
dinopoke's PC Specs

POST ID # = 335070
dinopoke Reputation: 10

Well I got it working for me now!
I am using the Vista 32bit and the XP 32bit drivers and they work fine for both OS's. :)

Old 03-07-2008, 12:34 PM
ShadE87's PC Specs

POST ID # = 335093
ShadE87 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteKiller View Post
The 169.44's were an official BETA release direct from nvidia.

example: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_169.44.html
Indeed...but they don't bother to mention the real issue fixed...

Old 03-12-2008, 08:15 PM
smithkt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 336237
smithkt Reputation: 10

Well, I finally got a chance to reinstall my Corsair VX550 and test this out.

I booted back up with the 169.28 drivers to confirm the problem was still there. Sure enough, the power sentinel warning pops up as soon as Windows has loaded up. I rebooted several times to confirm and the error appeared every single time. 3DMark06 scores are about 1100.

I updated the drivers to 169.44 and there was no power warning. I rebooted several times to confirm and no error appeared. Ran 3DMark to confirm and the scores are now about 11800. Ten times higher.

I am happy to say, this solved my problem.

It's unfortunate that this ever happened, and it took longer to resolve than I like, but in the end I am very satisfied with my purchase. If the rumors about the rather mundane improvements of the upcoming 9800 boards are true, I think I will still get my money's worth from these boards.

I'd like to thank the many Corsair reps who helped with this. Redbeard, Power Guy, Ram Guy, Yellowbeard and the rest. It was not your problem, but you took it seriously and I'm sure your persistence with Nvidia helped to push them for a fix.

Customer service like that is hard to come by these days. Kudos.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Banned

POST ID # = 336280
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithkt View Post
I'd like to thank the many Corsair reps who helped with this. Redbeard, Power Guy, Ram Guy, Yellowbeard and the rest. It was not your problem, but you took it seriously and I'm sure your persistence with Nvidia helped to push them for a fix.

Customer service like that is hard to come by these days. Kudos.
Thank you very much for taking the time to add this part. We try very hard as we too are enthusiasts in addition to working for Corsair. So, we genuinely understand your frustrations in a situation like this.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:40 AM
smithkt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 336322
smithkt Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by specmike View Post
Thank you very much for taking the time to add this part. We try very hard as we too are enthusiasts in addition to working for Corsair. So, we genuinely understand your frustrations in a situation like this.
It's well deserved. People are typically very quick to scream and yell but rarely give a pat on the back when appropriate.

I used to manage the network ops center for a Manhattan telco. Part of my responsibility was managing an engineering support staff. I know how frustrating it can be when you go above and beyond and it goes unnoticed.

I once had a customer call screaming about his internet service. Remote testing showed his T1 was fine, and we needed to dispatch. We were shorthanded, so I take a subway ride and in a suit and tie, I have to squeeze into this guy's dusty telco closet to see what's going on.

Turns out they had added a switch to the rack and unplugged the router because they needed the outlet. The guy didn't even say thank you. He just started yelling at the guy who installed the switch.

This kind of thing happened all the time. Trust me when I say, i feel your pain.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:38 PM
steelraptor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 338716
steelraptor Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithkt View Post
It's well deserved. People are typically very quick to scream and yell but rarely give a pat on the back when appropriate.

I used to manage the network ops center for a Manhattan telco. Part of my responsibility was managing an engineering support staff. I know how frustrating it can be when you go above and beyond and it goes unnoticed.

I once had a customer call screaming about his internet service. Remote testing showed his T1 was fine, and we needed to dispatch. We were shorthanded, so I take a subway ride and in a suit and tie, I have to squeeze into this guy's dusty telco closet to see what's going on.

Turns out they had added a switch to the rack and unplugged the router because they needed the outlet. The guy didn't even say thank you. He just started yelling at the guy who installed the switch.

This kind of thing happened all the time. Trust me when I say, i feel your pain.
I know how it feels too be under appreciated when you come thru for someone especially in the Tech Retail world of GeekSquad. You get yelled at and blamed for everything and when you give all this free stuff or discounts they walk away, without even thanks or a look in the eye. But hey its everyday that I get that, especially since im still in High school ^.^ and people think I am a punk still. Well maybe its my spiky hair but thanks again for everyones comments and help as this thread has fixed my BFG 8800GT Oc power issues.

Now I gotta figure out why Vista 64 randomly freezes when idling and comes out of sleep randomly.

OO yes *Corsair pwns :P*