The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Hydro X Custom Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Twjst's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014216
Twjst Reputation: 15
Default Need help with hydro x cpu/gpu, 6LL fans and led strip

I ordered most of the components for a new system in the 500d, but I'm struggling with the RGB and fan setup.

Here is what I have:
6 LL120 fans
Hydro X Pump with also cooling cpu and gpu
LED strip
H1000i

To wire it all together I have the CoPro and FanHub from the case, in addition a lightning node pro + rgb fan hub from a 3pack LL120 fans

Now if I want to connect all my components to the CoPro, I'm short on connections. Do I have to buy another CoPro to be able to connect it all, or is there another way? If so, in what slots of which CoPro do I plug in pump fan and rgb header? The manual is specific in which slots, but not on which CoPro if I chain them…

I hope someone has experience and can help me with this. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2019, 06:30 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014226
DevBiker Reputation: 88

No, you don't need anything else.

The HydroX components will daisy-chain on a single channel - typically Pump => GPU Block => CPU Block although it could also be GPU Block => Pump => CPU Block. So that's one channel on the Commander Pro. Then you'll need one channel for the fans and one channel for the strip(s). Between the Commander Pro and the Lighting Node Pro, you have 4 available channels.

So you're all good.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:56 PM
Twjst's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014242

Maybe I'm messing this up in my head, let me try to get this.

RGB control: 6 fans + HydroX components + LED strip will give me 8 cables I need to plug into LED header. From what I understand, I can plug in the fans in slots of the Fan LED Hub, but the HydroX chain and the LED strip need to go directly into one of the LED ports. On the CoPro, one LED slot is taken by the Fan LED Hub, the other by the NoPro. On the NoPro, there will be the LED strip and the chained Hydro X. Correct? So far so good.

USB: On the CoPro, one USB slot taken by NoPro and one by the Power Supply. There I should be settled.

Fan/Pump PWM control: 6 fans + hydro X components chained will give me 7 cables I need to plug into fan headers. Hydro X needs to go into channel 6 of the CoPro, Fan 1-5 will go into slots 1-5 on the CoPro. But where do I plug in fan number 6?

Thanks for helping out!
Old 08-10-2019, 12:46 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014246
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

You will need a standard PWM splitter for one of the fans to accommodate the 6th.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:49 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014249
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twjst View Post
RGB control: 6 fans + HydroX components + LED strip will give me 8 cables I need to plug into LED header. From what I understand, I can plug in the fans in slots of the Fan LED Hub, but the HydroX chain and the LED strip need to go directly into one of the LED ports. On the CoPro, one LED slot is taken by the Fan LED Hub, the other by the NoPro. On the NoPro, there will be the LED strip and the chained Hydro X. Correct? So far so good.
Not quite. The NoPro is connected via USB. It won't connect to the LED channel (slot). So you'll have:
CoPro : LL Fan Hub / HydroX Chaing
NoPro : Strips.

The NoPro USB can be connected to the CoPro's USB headers.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:06 AM
Twjst's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014259
Thumbs up

Now I get it, thanks both!

Tags
commander pro, fan, hydro x, rgb