Corsair Community

Corsair link 4.9.9.3 not showing fan controls

Nemorevera

Hello, I am currently having an issue with corsair link, i am unable to control my fan speed and now the fan 1,2,3 aren't showing up in the corsair link at all.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling corsair link but that didn't help, only bugged out what CPU i have, showing up as a 17-7700 when i have i7-9700k

if anyone know's why this is happening i'd be very grateful for the help.

My PC specs

CPU - i7-9700K 3.60GHz

GPU - Gigabyte RTX 2070 8gb OC Gaming

Ram - 16GB 3200

CPU Cooler - H100i Pro

Motherboard - MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC ( MSI )

500 GB Samsung SSD

1TB HD

Windows 10 pro 64 bit

Fans 1-2-3? Do you have a Commander Pro? Otherwise, only the H100i Pro fans will be controllable through Link or iCUE.

Do you mean you can't control the cooler fans and the motherboard fans/temps have disappeared? If so, make sure you are not running another monitoring program that is trying to access the same data (HWiNFO, AIDA, etc).

Fans 1-2-3? Do you have a Commander Pro? Otherwise, only the H100i Pro fans will be controllable through Link or iCUE.

Do you mean you can't control the cooler fans and the motherboard fans/temps have disappeared? If so, make sure you are not running another monitoring program that is trying to access the same data (HWiNFO, AIDA, etc).

Commander pro as in the thing where plug the fans into? if so i believe i do but not a corsair one ( but not sure ). All the fans was working fine in the Corsair link until recently, ( so i suppose i do have a commander pro then ).

I mean the fan on the link software i can't control since they are no longer showing up in the list. i have 2 front fans, 1 back fan, 2 fans on the top for the cpu cooler.

unknown.png

Edited by Nemorevera

This is a Corsair One? I’m having trouble following the information. However, the screenshots show you are running iCUE which is the replacement program for Link. iCUE will be in control and that is message provided in the Link app window. The only devices registered are a keyboard and the H100i Pro. There is no reason the run Link at all. Set it not to run on start up.

To alter the H100i Pro fan and pump behavior, click on the Performance tab on the left, then select from the presets or use the + command to create a custom curve, including fixed speeds. Motherboard fans are not controllable via either program without a Corsair Commander Pro fan controller.

This is a Corsair One? I’m having trouble following the information. However, the screenshots show you are running iCUE which is the replacement program for Link. iCUE will be in control and that is message provided in the Link app window. The only devices registered are a keyboard and the H100i Pro. There is no reason the run Link at all. Set it not to run on start up.

To alter the H100i Pro fan and pump behavior, click on the Performance tab on the left, then select from the presets or use the + command to create a custom curve, including fixed speeds. Motherboard fans are not controllable via either program without a Corsair Commander Pro fan controller.

i do apologise i'm not the best at explaining things out. What i meant was since my pc was made i was able to control every fan in my case from the front 2 and back + cooler fans by using Corsair link software until recently. it used to show fan 1 2 3 and the 2 pump fans in the menu to control. I had everything set to balanced mode but right now i suppose you could say they are in quite mode now, what isn't good at all haha.

You have iCUE installed which takes control away from Link. iCUE is the merger of Link and CUE 2 so it can control both peripherals (CUE) and internal devices like your cooler (Link) from one program. In your screen shot, you have iCUE open and set to balanced for both the fans and pump. At this point, Link no longer serves a purpose. You can either uninstall it or set it not to run on start-up from the Task Manager->Start-up tab or from within Link.

It looks like your iCUE shortcut was created on July, 6th, so that is likely the installation moment as well. You may have done this unknowingly or it is possible Windows did it through its own update service is you have the 3rd party software box checked. Either way, you should be using iCUE since you have both a keyboard and a cooler to manage. The only exception I can think off is if you did have a Corsair One (total PC package) from Corsair. Those have their own rules and software parameters.

Note that you can only control fans that are connected to Corsair hardware. Link never controlled motherboard fans. Both Link and iCUE will display motherboard fan speeds but in different places. To see your motherboard fans speeds in iCUE, you need to go to the dashboard and add the motherboard to it - it'll then display the fan speeds and other info from the motherboard.

• 1 month later...
Note that you can only control fans that are connected to Corsair hardware. Link never controlled motherboard fans. Both Link and iCUE will display motherboard fan speeds but in different places. To see your motherboard fans speeds in iCUE, you need to go to the dashboard and add the motherboard to it - it'll then display the fan speeds and other info from the motherboard.

This doesn't work on my Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming. I see the motherboard panel in the dashboard but it is empty!