Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2018, 10:33 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942239
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpcrierie View Post
I agree with will_s. I'm convinced it's a Link problem as well. An Avast update didn't break it, a Link update did.
You can be as convinced as you want to be ... this problem has been seen before multiple times.

Avast is blocking the communication between the Link Service and the Link UI. It shouldn't do this. Uninstall Avast and the communication works again.

Avast is preventing Link from functioning correctly. It is falsely blocking an application from communicating locally.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:50 AM
lpcrierie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942509
lpcrierie Reputation: 10

After fooling around with it some more, I have found that Corsair Link will start working as it should again, after manually restarting the Corsair Link Service in Task Manager.

So we now know it will work with Avast on my system has it had before. It just won't continue to work after my system has been waken from Sleep Mode.

And guess what I did after finding this? I uninstalled Avast, restarted my system, put it to sleep, waited a few minutes, woke it up, and the issue persists.

It is not Avast, at least not for me.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:02 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942534
donalgodon Reputation: 10

Quote:
After fooling around with it some more, I have found that Corsair Link will start working as it should again, after manually restarting the Corsair Link Service in Task Manager.

So we now know it will work with Avast on my system has it had before. It just won't continue to work after my system has been waken from Sleep Mode.

And guess what I did after finding this? I uninstalled Avast, restarted my system, put it to sleep, waited a few minutes, woke it up, and the issue persists.

It is not Avast, at least not for me.
That's right. It's the service itself. Somebody wrote a script to restart the service after wake. I hope Corsair is paying attention to this.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:10 PM
will_s's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942595
will_s Reputation: 10

Quote:
You said you disabled RGB? What does that mean? The LEDs?

the hero mobo has a few in the BIOS for ROG effects... I enabled them all ie, RGB LED lighting and ROG effectrs which include onboard LED's which change colours

now why would this effect LINK ? I have no idea and I know Corsair has no idea either

Old 02-28-2018, 12:00 PM
lpcrierie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942632

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalgodon View Post
That's right. It's the service itself. Somebody wrote a script to restart the service after wake. I hope Corsair is paying attention to this.
I knew I wasn't crazy or wrong
Guess my college studies have paid off in light of this issue.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:12 PM
JimmyGerms's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942687
JimmyGerms Reputation: 10

That was me! My abilities in PowerShell are very novice but I hope it helps! Please let me know if you have any questions on the setup!

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...9&postcount=15

Old 03-01-2018, 11:52 AM
lpcrierie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942759

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyGerms View Post
That was me! My abilities in PowerShell are very novice but I hope it helps! Please let me know if you have any questions on the setup!

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...9&postcount=15
I know, the bit about college was a joke.
Thanks though, hopefully Corsair will have a fix soon.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:38 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942847
donalgodon Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
You can be as convinced as you want to be ... this problem has been seen before multiple times.

Avast is blocking the communication between the Link Service and the Link UI. It shouldn't do this. Uninstall Avast and the communication works again.

Avast is preventing Link from functioning correctly. It is falsely blocking an application from communicating locally.
It's happening even without Avast installed. It's a problem with the service itself, somewhere, and if the service is manually stopped and the app is restarted, it works fine.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:28 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942864

Can you check to see if there's anything in the logs?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:23 AM
Stevecorrado88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942925
Stevecorrado88 Reputation: 10
Default Same problem it seems

Just recently upgraded mobo, cpu and ram. Hooked up the h100i, my mobo is a Asus z370e and my computer isn’t recognizing the cooler. Fans are plugged into cpu fan, pump is now plugged in lot the usb 2.0 on the mobo. Everything seems to be working but I have no control over it. If I plug the pump into aio pump the light on the pump turns on and off and I hear a click within the pump. I didn’t like that so I used the usb2 on the bottom of the mobo which turns the pump on but the light isn’t bright at all.

Downloaded Corsair link and I have no controls, it doesn’t even show the pump or fan. I went to device manager and it doesn’t even see the cooler in any slot I use.

In bios it says I have no fan speed N/a * and when I had aio pump plugged in it says N/a. I have no luck with anything I read. Also nervous about deleting the anti virus. I’m not really sure how to delete it anyways when I go to add and remove it won’t let me.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:33 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecorrado88 View Post
Just recently upgraded mobo, cpu and ram. Hooked up the h100i, my mobo is a Asus z370e and my computer isn’t recognizing the cooler. Fans are plugged into cpu fan, pump is now plugged in lot the usb 2.0 on the mobo. Everything seems to be working but I have no control over it. If I plug the pump into aio pump the light on the pump turns on and off and I hear a click within the pump. I didn’t like that so I used the usb2 on the bottom of the mobo which turns the pump on but the light isn’t bright at all.

Downloaded Corsair link and I have no controls, it doesn’t even show the pump or fan. I went to device manager and it doesn’t even see the cooler in any slot I use.

In bios it says I have no fan speed N/a * and when I had aio pump plugged in it says N/a. I have no luck with anything I read. Also nervous about deleting the anti virus. I’m not really sure how to delete it anyways when I go to add and remove it won’t let me.
No, different problem. Not even the same symptoms.

You mentioned that you upgraded the motherboard, CPU and RAM. So that's a pretty big system swap. Did you set the Fan Header that the pump is plugged in to to 100%/full speed?

Old 03-02-2018, 11:39 AM

POST ID # = 942934

The pump is just on a usb header (I can’t thibk of the header number) if I had the pump on the aio header it would turn on and off and the graph always read max.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:44 AM

POST ID # = 942938

If needed I can start a new post

Old 03-04-2018, 01:44 PM
lpcrierie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 943353

We will probably have to wait for another Link update. I didn't have this problem since the latest one was installed. Seems like a bug.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:01 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 943365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecorrado88 View Post
The pump is just on a usb header (I can’t thibk of the header number) if I had the pump on the aio header it would turn on and off and the graph always read max.
First, let's make sure that we're talking about the correct model.

Do you have the H100i (SATA power connection) or the H100i V2 (no SATA power connection, fan header powered)?

And yes, a new post would be better. It gets confusing when we have multiple issues on the same thread.

Tags
corsair link, patch, update