The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 08:35 AM

POST ID # = 900115
Shiiru Reputation: 10
Default Corsair RGB Void Headset(White) Dead after FW failure

Just got the headset in the last 24 hours and was updating everything on it with the CUE 2.12.66 and saw it have a firmware update available. Started the update and it got to 10% before freezing the program. After waiting 15 mins without it responding I had to close it.

Now the headset isn't responding, Windows doesn't recognize it as anything but a malfunctioning device, and it apparently can't enter this "bootloader mode" that was listed in a sticky. The CUE program won't see it as connected so I can't attempt to redo the firmware update.

I've submitted a ticket before I went to bed last night but I would very much like to have a working headset before tonight.

EDIT:
I've installed every windows update to see if I could get it to recognize it as the bootloader version of the headset to no avail.
I've tried pairing them and nothing.
Holding the reset button on the dongle doesn't help.
Holding the power/mute/any button on the headset while connecting the USB cable changes nothing.
I've tried everything listed in all 10 pages of http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152196 and haven't had any success.

Devices and Printers sees the dongle as Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset and the USB connected headset as Unkown Device Error Code 43.

It seems like the firmware failure wiped any and all functionality from the headset.

Last edited by Shiiru; 04-21-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:18 AM

POST ID # = 900243
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Strange to see it malfunction, If you have tried the bootloader method on another computer, different USB port, USB cable, etc. It may be best to take it back to the store for a replacement instead.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:49 PM

POST ID # = 901658

Update:
I sent it back and got a replacement, now this one is having a soft buzzing in the left speaker depending on how I tilt my head. Its workable but I see it failing in the not to distant future, which will be another week and a half wait for a 3rd attempt at a fully working headset. Exact same issue as this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=167305

Also having problems with the CUE2 software. If the I restart my computer or turn the headset on/off it isn't recognized by the program. The sound still works but I can't check the battery left or change the lighting settings.

The first headset had none of these issues.

Last edited by Shiiru; 05-02-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:04 AM

POST ID # = 901760

Headset not being recognised as in the device gets replaced by the demo device or is it saying 'Not connected'?

Old 05-03-2017, 02:38 PM

POST ID # = 901808

I figured out it had to do with the start with windows option. The program was starting before the device was recognized, starting it manually is working great now. Minus the buzzing.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:55 AM

POST ID # = 901875

You will likely need to take the headset back for replacement if you are still getting the buzzing noise.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:45 AM
toxiklown's PC Specs

POST ID # = 916136
toxiklown Reputation: 10

i'm having the exact same troubles this dude originally had, help please?