The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2017, 05:45 PM

POST ID # = 903642
Rom1983 Reputation: 10
Default Major problems with your CUE software

Hi,

I'm tired since the begining, because of a few very annoying problem, but this is losing all my profiles wich bring me here.

So, here's the problems and I want you to read carefully and not to deny any point :

1. Your software, Corsair Utility Engine for StrafeRGB, is sloooow. I mean we can't navigate in his menus smoothly : every clic needs 6 to 8 seconds to access to the sub-menu we want. It's like the software were flashing the keyboard's ROM every time we enter a sub-menu...

2. Menus are badly made. On the left we have the icons+text of the profiles, and we need to clic on it to see sub-menus like "Light Effects" to appear. But when we have set all what we wanted, to go back to the previous list of profiles on the left panel we need to UNDERSTAND BY OURSELVES that we have to click on the Profile's icon on the top of the UI. This is insanely twisted and non-intuitive.

3. The Light Effects UI allows us to "Save into Library" : but the joke is that it DOES NOT SAVE THE KEY associated with the light effect . So when we go back in the library thinking "Yeaaaah, I'm gonna take that fancy basic WQSD setup with that cool effect I made", in fact the effect is applied on all the keyboard...
You'll probably say "Yeah, you have to redefine keys" and that it is not an important issue, but don't you think that the point of a library is to store KEYS ? I mean, wouldn't this be very interesting to store for example a WQSD+effect named "basic", and an other WQSD+Shinyeffect named "furious", and other examples of any keys like this, to have a common library to create very easily any new profile ? This allowing us to import keys+effects ina snap ?
What's the point to just store the effects without the keys ?

4. The slection of a "default profile" is bugued, and sometime working on a profile makes us to go back in the previous profile. Let's say I've only one profile for now, name "Desktop", with a few keys for typing. And I want to create a new profile, for a game : so I click on the "+" ("CREATE"), I give it a name, I must click on it to see the sub-menu of editing appearing (the absurd point #2 above) and suddently.... it goes back to the "Desktop" profile ! Yeah, like that !
I happened a few time on my CUE, with an already existing game's profile I had previously worked on : I selected it, the keyboard updated to enlighten the key, and I didn't had the time to click on "Light Effects" that it went back to the "default" profile. And this because the profile I was attempting to edit was linked with an .exe, and because CUE was not detecting the .exe, he considered that he had to select the "default" profile ! What a joke... (just imagine the Benny Hill effect of trying to edit a thing with such a crazy software deciding for me...).

5 . Not mentioning that there is no real "default" profile : for this, we have to understand by ourselves (again, it's a redundancy !) that a default profile is the one wich has no .exe linked with it. So if no program is detected, it switches on the last "non linked profile". But what if we have many profiles with no program related to ? How to really select one default program ?

6. If we change the effect of a layer on the drop down menu, it erases the name of the layer we previously defined. This is not a major issue, but it's tiring after a while (we have to know the bug, and to remember the name of the layer)... How can you not see this kind of bug before releasing your software ?

7. I don't see the point of having two different sub-menus to separate the profiles from the edition of Light Effects of one profile. I mean, all should be present in a single UI. There is much place on the top of the UI to display icons of all the profiles we can create (even by minimizing them if we created too much profiles), and to display icons of "create a new profile", "import", etc.
I don't understand this need to force the users to navigate, especially with such a laggy UI.

8. MAJOR PROBLEM : EACH TIME I DO A HARD-REBOOT OF MY PC (wich can happen a few time every evening because of games crashed, freezes, BSOD, etc) YOUR SOFTWARE LOSE ALL MY PROFILES !!!
It happened one time, so I said to myself "not anymore", and exported all my profiles (veeeeery sloooowly) to backup all of them. But it happened again, one half-hour ago, and on 12 profiles I made, there is only 2 standing.

9. But given the time it needs to reimport profiles one by one, it made me going crazy, I swear. I litteraly needs 1mn to reimport only one (menu navigation + importation itself)... Can you add a multiple import functionality ?

10. Not mentioning IT LOSES THE ICONS I DEFINED, aaaaaand THE PROGAMS LINKED WITH. This has to be corrected too, no matter the "it perhaps can't find the files no more" issue.

-----------

So, seriously, do you think you would have escaped from such a review of your software, like if there were no problem and it was perfect ?

Last edited by Rom1983; 05-17-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:33 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 903677
Inheritance Reputation: 70

5. The default profile is just the first profile in the list regardless of an attached exe link.
7. I believe that was to support lower resolution computers. If it was all displayed on one page they would have to deal with tiny text and icons.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 05-17-2017, 09:42 PM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 903679
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom1983 View Post
Hi,

I'm tired since the begining, because of a few very annoying problem, but this is losing all my profiles wich bring me here.

So, here's the problems and I want you to read carefully and not to deny any point :

3. The Light Effects UI allows us to "Save into Library" : but the joke is that it DOES NOT SAVE THE KEY associated with the light effect . So when we go back in the library thinking "Yeaaaah, I'm gonna take that fancy basic WQSD setup with that cool effect I made", in fact the effect is applied on all the keyboard...
You'll probably say "Yeah, you have to redefine keys" and that it is not an important issue, but don't you think that the point of a library is to store KEYS ? I mean, wouldn't this be very interesting to store for example a WQSD+effect named "basic", and an other WQSD+Shinyeffect named "furious", and other examples of any keys like this, to have a common library to create very easily any new profile ? This allowing us to import keys+effects ina snap ?
What's the point to just store the effects without the keys ?

8. MAJOR PROBLEM : EACH TIME I DO A HARD-REBOOT OF MY PC (wich can happen a few time every evening because of games crashed, freezes, BSOD, etc) YOUR SOFTWARE LOSE ALL MY PROFILES !!!
It happened one time, so I said to myself "not anymore", and exported all my profiles (veeeeery sloooowly) to backup all of them. But it happened again, one half-hour ago, and on 12 profiles I made, there is only 2 standing.

9. But given the time it needs to reimport profiles one by one, it made me going crazy, I swear. I litteraly needs 1mn to reimport only one (menu navigation + importation itself)... Can you add a multiple import functionality ?

10. Not mentioning IT LOSES THE ICONS I DEFINED, aaaaaand THE PROGAMS LINKED WITH. This has to be corrected too, no matter the "it perhaps can't find the files no more" issue.

-----------

So, seriously, do you think you would have escaped from such a review of your software, like if there were no problem and it was perfect ?
3) Library of light effects are handy to store custom gradients without having to recreate them, and this is useful even without storing original key binding, because one may wish to use these gradients on multiple keys.

8) Major problem making you mad, indeed! Your system is really messed up, as you have to do a hard reboot every evening because of games crashed, freezes, BSOD, etc. Have you worked on fixing the problem? Certainly, because of Windows operating system, a hard reboot will mean that any changed data will not be written back down to the disk or other permanent backing store, so the state of programs, such as CUE, will be affected.

9) Try using the CUE 2 profile folders; you can export (and import) all profiles in a folder at the same time.

Tags
ny