The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2017, 12:59 PM

POST ID # = 901342
cowgod Reputation: 10
Question Cannot capture mouse clicks for macro

I can't seem to get mouse clicks to record as part of a macro. Whenever I press "Record" it never captures any mouse clicks, even though I have the option to capture mouse clicks selected.

Here's what my record window looks like:

Old 05-01-2017, 06:49 AM

POST ID # = 901454
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Strange, Do keyboard strokes record?
Are you using the final version of CUE 1?

Try installing the latest version of CUE 2 and see whether the issue is still present.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:14 PM

POST ID # = 901552

Isn't CUE 2 completely different software? Will any profiles I have setup actually work with it? Do all my lighting setups still work with it?

Old 05-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Jarry Jarrison's PC Specs

POST ID # = 901562
Jarry Jarrison Reputation: 10

i would also like to know myself if cue 1 is usable with cue 2 devices, as corsair are terrible with false advertising lol (k95 rgb doesnt do its job, period)
lighting cant be saved to profile buttons, first advertised as "18 programable keys" turns out its the rapidfire that has a "hardware playback macro" that remembers everything.
so here's the catch, rgb k95 is supposed to save profiles to any of the 3 profile buttons, but it just loads which ever you have in cue, from the top down... so its lie, ontop of a lie, ontop of a lie.
it wont even macro GUI+E which opens "my computer" but it will launch apps.

Im canceling my scimitar pro, which is a shame, looks so rad... but, if it runs off of cue 2, no matter what it is. i'll consider it broken from now on.

Last edited by Jarry Jarrison; 05-01-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:49 PM
Jarry Jarrison's PC Specs

POST ID # = 901563
Jarry Jarrison Reputation: 10

remember these devices have been out for 2 years or more now.
if you haven't noticed a ^&$* in your a*^ by now, i don't know when you ever will..

Im still waiting for a decent reply to rectify the issue, but im confident this was "planned" this way - if they are still selling these items without addressing the issues..

Somehow with corsair, its always the users fault when it comes to their keyboards and mice... hmmmmm.... remember people.. the customer is NEVER wrong, vote with your wallet.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:20 AM

POST ID # = 901767
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

@cowgod

It's built off CUE 1 if i recall correctly, just a new user interface. If you install CUE 2 over CUE 1, the profiles should automatically switch over but you will want to backup all your profiles just in case something goes wrong as there is a known profile issue in the current version.

@Jarry
Any CUE peripherals released before CUE 2 will work on CUE 1 and 2. Peripherals released after CUE 2 launched will only be supported in CUE 2. The K95 should work in CUE 1.

The K95 RGB can save up to three static lighting profiles, not full customised profiles.

I'm not exactly sure where you got the RAPIDFIRE information, but from memory, the devices that support hardware profiles is only the K95 Platinum and Scimitar PRO.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:17 AM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 902135
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄
Question (k95 rgb doesnt do its job, period)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarry Jarrison View Post
i would also like to know myself if cue 1 is usable with cue 2 devices, as corsair are terrible with false advertising lol (k95 rgb doesnt do its job, period)
My K95 RGB is doing it's job of typing just fine, and it also lights up. What functionality of the keyboard itself is falsely advertised?

CUE 1 and CUE 2 both work with K95 RGB, and I have published a combination basic/advanced profile on RGB Share. The onboard memory stores static lighting and performance settings.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:19 AM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 902136
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄
Default CUE not recording mouse clicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgod View Post
I can't seem to get mouse clicks to record as part of a macro. Whenever I press "Record" it never captures any mouse clicks, even though I have the option to capture mouse clicks selected.
What type of Corsair mouse are you using?

Old 05-06-2017, 01:52 AM

POST ID # = 902149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet ☄ View Post
What type of Corsair mouse are you using?
I'm not using a Corsair mouse. It's a Logitech Proteus Spectrum. You mean it only works with Corsair mice? That seems insane to me. It's not even using a mouse it's just emulating button presses so I don't see why that would make a difference.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:56 PM

POST ID # = 902351

Figured it out. It's really convoluted.

First you have to create a Mouse Action for left click. Then you have to make a new Macro Action that executes the Mouse Action. There is a hidden context menu if you right click the blank "Record" area where you can then select "Add mouse click event" and pick your Left Click Mouse Action you made at the beginning. Then you can have it toggle on/off, spam left click while holding a key, or whatever, just as with other macros.

I don't know if this process was made any easier in CUE 2 (since nobody can really explain that program, including Corsair) but that is insanely complicated for something that shouldn't be.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone that stumbles on this thread.