The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2019, 05:55 PM

POST ID # = 988433
Maxweisen Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxweisen View Post
Updated to iCue 3.10.125. Let's see if this software update fixes this issue. I will report back here in a week or so after some normal use.
Still doesn't work correctly. Same issue persists.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:51 PM

POST ID # = 990316
tmnt_inc Reputation: 10

Just bought this headset for myself for Christmas and I am too experiencing this issue, which is really annoying.
Also annoying how the iCue app uses hardware acceleration, which causes lagging when I'm playing really graphic intensive games.
Also, the mic volume seems a bit low for me.
I knew I should have went with Logitech, they have never let me down in the past. Still within return policy, so I may take my business elsewhere.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:58 PM

POST ID # = 991247
papagush Reputation: 10

This issue NEEDS to be fixed. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Old 02-04-2019, 01:15 AM

POST ID # = 992564

Just updated to iCue 3.11.114. Will see if this update has a fix for this issue.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:02 PM

POST ID # = 992973

The issue still persists. Maybe some people at Corsair have something to say about this? It has been a long while.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:50 PM

POST ID # = 995833
papagush Reputation: 10

Bump. A response from a Corsair rep regarding this issue would be appreciated.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Notepad's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996015
Corsair Notepad Reputation: 10

The team is aware of this issue and it is being looked into but as of this time there is no ETA on a fix.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:54 AM
Dahnark's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996099
Dahnark Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Notepad View Post
The team is aware of this issue and it is being looked into but as of this time there is no ETA on a fix.
One year with this issue. The best thing is that this problem was introduced in a version after 2.16 (with 2.16 it works perfectly). So you should solve quickly just checking the changes of that release on git...

Old 04-15-2019, 07:25 PM

POST ID # = 1001583
DontBuyKorsair Reputation: 10
Default Are you serious?

Are you guys serious over there? You have a simple and horrible bug that you are neglecting to fix for over a year with literally thousands of people who own your product? WAKE UP AND FIX IT! HIRE SOMEONE IF YOU CAN'T! I won't ever buy another corsair product again- this is an absolute joke.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:06 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1001795

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontBuyKorsair View Post
Are you guys serious over there? You have a simple and horrible bug that you are neglecting to fix for over a year with literally thousands of people who own your product? WAKE UP AND FIX IT! HIRE SOMEONE IF YOU CAN'T! I won't ever buy another corsair product again- this is an absolute joke.
I am sorry you feel this way.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:47 PM

POST ID # = 1002243
NoobOwnag Reputation: 10

Quote:
I am sorry you feel this way.
A Corsair Employee Replies with "I'm sorry you feel this way." Wow, it's impressive to me that thousands of people can be reporting this bug, and the software development team at Corsair can simply ignore the issue. Why does this happen? Can we get some technical detail? SideTones are an important feature and a strong reason why these headsets are ideal. When the feature works its very nice; and prevents the user from being louder than they need to be as they can hear themself talk through the microphone.

Why, when I mute, then unmute the microphone does the software forget to introduce the sidetone? Only when I restart the iCue software does it "SOMETIMES" work again. I notice that when I shutdown my PC the sidetones begin to work just as the machine shuts down. How unfortunate that a company such as Corsair, that has an incredible product line, can do such a poor job on the supporting software. I am incredibly disappointed and flabbergasted as to why this has gone on for so long with not a response worthy of note. Just a bug we have to live with; or buy a new product. Sad... just Sad...

Sincerely,
Disappointed Void Pro RGB User.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:47 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1002247

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobOwnag View Post
A Corsair Employee Replies with "I'm sorry you feel this way." Wow, it's impressive to me that thousands of people can be reporting this bug, and the software development team at Corsair can simply ignore the issue. Why does this happen? Can we get some technical detail? SideTones are an important feature and a strong reason why these headsets are ideal. When the feature works its very nice; and prevents the user from being louder than they need to be as they can hear themself talk through the microphone.

Why, when I mute, then unmute the microphone does the software forget to introduce the sidetone? Only when I restart the iCue software does it "SOMETIMES" work again. I notice that when I shutdown my PC the sidetones begin to work just as the machine shuts down. How unfortunate that a company such as Corsair, that has an incredible product line, can do such a poor job on the supporting software. I am incredibly disappointed and flabbergasted as to why this has gone on for so long with not a response worthy of note. Just a bug we have to live with; or buy a new product. Sad... just Sad...

Sincerely,
Disappointed Void Pro RGB User.
I understand the frustration of the consumer here. I deal with the very same bug every day at work with my pair of Void Pro RGB Wireless headsets and have brought this up numerous times with the appropriate individuals. It is something that they are very aware of and are looking into but at this time we unfortunately do not have an ETA on when it is going to be fixed.

I am here and willing to answer and address concerns and questions but and I am relaying appropriate information along but that is all I can do on my end of things.

Old 05-19-2019, 02:17 PM
CrysKilljoy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005016
CrysKilljoy Reputation: 10

I'm honestly impressed, as I own my Void Pro for just a month or so and was interested to find a fix for this. Seeing this goes on for so long is really outstanding. Not in a good way, though.

I think you guys at corsair should shift your priorities over to the software departement.
iCue might be the definition of the "is it a bug or a feature?"-meme. It really needs an overall rework.
My whole setup is made out of Corsair products but it's nothing to show off, as nothing works as expected. That really negates the point of owning a rgb gaming setup.
I won't switch to Razer as the prices and hardware are even worse, but I guess the next build might be something more reliable.

You still have a time to change my mind.... and maybve the mind of some fellow disappointed users.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:01 AM
TheMac's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005671
TheMac Reputation: 10

Quote:
I understand the frustration of the consumer here. I deal with the very same bug every day at work with my pair of Void Pro RGB Wireless headsets and have brought this up numerous times with the appropriate individuals. It is something that they are very aware of and are looking into but at this time we unfortunately do not have an ETA on when it is going to be fixed.

I am here and willing to answer and address concerns and questions but and I am relaying appropriate information along but that is all I can do on my end of things.
I to am living with this issue. My headset was an RMA replacement for a Void pro that went faulty. The sidetone feature was the thing that immediately warmed to me, but when it randomly stops working is irritating as hell.

I cannot play using PTT, so I have an open mic and simply lift the boom and lower it. Except when sidetone stops working it throws me.

It is all fair and well being willing to answer and address concerns over issues that are very new or for issues people may have heard as rumours. This issue has been going on for well over a year and simply being told there is no ETA is beyond mind boggling.

Questions I have is
Why is there no ETA ?
Are the devs putting this on the lowest or highest priority (bearing in mind this is a feature of the product that helps it sell im sure) ?
What exactly is causing the delay in looking into and fixing this issue ?

Considering the speed at which this issue is being handled why should I have confidence in Corsair in their water cooling units? As I am looking to use them to overclock my CPU.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:27 AM

POST ID # = 1007776
st_mac Reputation: 10

It has been 16 months since this was first reported. As it been decided that this will just not be resolved?