Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2019, 08:53 AM
Spliffy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994336
Spliffy Reputation: 10
Default h115i Platinum firmwareupdate crashed pump

Hi Everyone,

I've made an update to the latest version of the iCue software and after that I got a message for an available update for the firmware of the pump.

I made the mistake and also confirm that. During the update the pump shut down and restart but the LEDs switched to an continuos red and all Fans started to run in high speed. By checking the temperature I've seen the CPU reached almost 100°. I've waited for round about 15 min but nothing changed and the process for the update was still running but did not get to an end.

The last update was done in a few seconds so I got a little bit nervous and shut down the process and checked the logfiles. I've seen that there were some exceptions mentioned so I first guess that maybe the downloaded files were corruppted so I've repaired the iCue Software by system panel.

After that I try to flash the firmware again the pump restarts but I always get a cancellation message with the same result- red LED and 0 cooling. I've checked the Logfiles again and still see that there was still an error. I've read something in the forum that mybe a custom profile caused problems so I made a clean re- installation of iCue software.

The result is that the update process starts and keep on runnning but never stops. I already got in contact with a support ticket (February 8th) but I still got no response so maybe someone here can help me.

David
Attached Files
File Type: log Service_Trace.log (61.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: zip Sys-info.zip (24.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: log Service_Error .log (1.4 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by Spliffy; 02-15-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Old 02-15-2019, 06:19 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 994402
Corsair Jam Reputation: 17

Hello,

Have you downloaded the latest USB drivers for your motherboard? Could you possibly PM me your ticket number? I will check with the team to see what's going on.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:14 PM

POST ID # = 999374
jmiller0526 Reputation: 10

I am having the exact same issue, thing was running fine when i first got it hooked up, did the update and now the fans are maxed, it doesn't show up on icue and lighting is off. Get the USB connect/disconnect noise once every minute or so.

I already started the replacement process with amazon since I just got this less than a week ago and frankly don't feel like it's my problem, and to avoid wasting more time trying to solve this, but is there any type of hard reset for these devices that I can try as a last ditch effort?

Thanks,
-Jake

Old 04-02-2019, 06:04 PM

POST ID # = 1000019
-=Hot|Ice=- Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller0526 View Post
I am having the exact same issue, thing was running fine when i first got it hooked up, did the update and now the fans are maxed, it doesn't show up on icue and lighting is off. Get the USB connect/disconnect noise once every minute or so.

I already started the replacement process with amazon since I just got this less than a week ago and frankly don't feel like it's my problem, and to avoid wasting more time trying to solve this, but is there any type of hard reset for these devices that I can try as a last ditch effort?

Thanks,
-Jake
Same issue. Finished building my rig yesterday and installed my H115i Platinum and iCue does not see it at all. Fans are maxed out. It's driving me crazy.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:41 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999378
DevBiker Reputation: 88

I'm not aware of any new firmware updates - certainly, I'm not getting prompted for them. What firmware were you on?

As for the reset - power down, completely. Leave it for a minute. Power back up.

You might also try disconnecting and reconnecting the USB.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:02 PM

POST ID # = 999383
jmiller0526 Reputation: 10

Appreciate the help DevBiker

Unfortunately, I don't actually know what FW version i was on - i just got the device, saw there was an update, and assumed that was the right thing to do.

Powering down (and even unplugging from wall) and waiting, as well as unplugging and plugging back in USB didn't fix. Shame if there is no factory reset option.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:35 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999389

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller0526 View Post
Appreciate the help DevBiker

Unfortunately, I don't actually know what FW version i was on - i just got the device, saw there was an update, and assumed that was the right thing to do.

Powering down (and even unplugging from wall) and waiting, as well as unplugging and plugging back in USB didn't fix. Shame if there is no factory reset option.
Ouch. I did have a bad firmware update during the beta - so its been a while - and one of those (I can't recall which) brought the cooler "back".

How about trying a "Repair" install of iCUE?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-30-2019, 01:58 PM
Streamer Extraordinaire
My_Gaming_TV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006277
My_Gaming_TV Reputation: 10

a week or so ago I bricked 3 pumps from a faulty firmware update and this comes as a surprise cause I have never had to return a Corsair product for any reason and I have been using Corsair products for as long as they have been around. I'm scared to open the iCue software now in the off chance i or my son accidentally clicks that update firmware button when making lighting profiles. Please for the love all that is RGB and cool fix this!!!!!

Old 05-31-2019, 12:01 AM
eckertt001's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006341
eckertt001 Reputation: 10

Can confirm...applied latest update and the pump crashed. Is the only option to send back to corsair? USB Device View can see the pump, so it is on the port. I updated the usb/chipset drivers with no change.

Old 05-31-2019, 12:53 AM
Streamer Extraordinaire
My_Gaming_TV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006344

Is there anyone with Corsair around that knows the current firmware Version for this AIO and how we can update it without bricking it, and no I'm not using iCue to do it cause I'm not gonna brick a 4th AIO

Old 05-31-2019, 04:33 AM

POST ID # = 1006367
acsustucson Reputation: 10

Same issue. Any else here can fix this problem. Fan max speed and very loud make me crazy. :((

Old 06-01-2019, 04:39 AM
Streamer Extraordinaire
My_Gaming_TV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006482

Is no one from Corsair going to answer this?

Old 06-01-2019, 10:08 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006510

We cannot fix this problem here - you need to contact Corsair Support, unfortunately.

Old 06-01-2019, 06:45 PM
Streamer Extraordinaire
My_Gaming_TV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006564

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
We cannot fix this problem here - you need to contact Corsair Support, unfortunately.
I just asked if anyone could say for sure what the current correct firmware version the AIO is using and if there was another way to load the firmware outside of using iCue, I didn't ask for you to fix anything.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:47 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006608

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Gaming_TV View Post
I just asked if anyone could say for sure what the current correct firmware version the AIO is using and if there was another way to load the firmware outside of using iCue, I didn't ask for you to fix anything.
The current version is 1.01.15.
I've, personally, updated 3 of them in iCUE without bricking a single one. Many others have as well. Keep in mind that you only see complaints and issues on the forum - this issue doesn't happen to everyone but no one comes up to post "Hey! My firmware update worked!" It does, however, appear to be unusually common, however.