Corsair Community

c-link 12c vs c-link usb cable

Zeusxinzo

Hello everyone, I have purchased an HX1000i and I have doubts about c-link 12c and c-link usb cables, is it necessary to connect both or with the usb is it enough? and in case you have to connect the c-link 12c where it connects? I have a 500D RGB, with comander pro and an asus rog strix x570 e gaming. Thank you

Hello everyone, I have purchased an HX1000i and I have doubts about c-link 12c and c-link usb cables, is it necessary to connect both or with the usb is it enough? and in case you have to connect the c-link 12c where it connects? I have a 500D RGB, with comander pro and an asus rog strix x570 e gaming. Thank you

I believe that it either one, or the other, but not both. The small c-link 12c cable is a legacy connection to some other Corsair monitoring device. It does not plug onto your mobo. The USB cable is bog standard, but it does consume a precious USB mobo header which you may, or may not, have available.

If, like me, you don't, then you may have to consider deploying an internal USB port splitter, which are readily available on eBay.

I believe that it either one, or the other, but not both. The small c-link 12c cable is a legacy connection to some other Corsair monitoring device. It does not plug onto your mobo. The USB cable is bog standard, but it does consume a precious USB mobo header which you may, or may not, have available.

If, like me, you don't, then you may have to consider deploying an internal USB port splitter, which are readily available on eBay.

I thought that the c-12 would be for another system, for usb no problem, the commander pro solves that, thanks for the answer