Corsair Community

Corsair Void RGB Wireless not charging, cannot connect via usb

ajs513

Yesterday my Void headset stopped being able to really charge for some reason. The cable doesn't matter, the port doesn't matter. It dies, I plug it in for several hours, and it turns on but the battery is critical. I open iCUE and it says that the battery is at 5%. I try to force update firmware and it says connect via usb. I do, and it does nothing. The headset doesn't actually charge, and after a few minutes it dies. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. I've reinstalled iCUE. I've updated it. I can't go into bootloader mode or update the firmware because the headset isn't recognizing that it's plugged in via usb. I can't find any record of this happening to anyone else, and it's very disconcerting.

1221357862_voidscreenshot.PNG.1092d39b5976879cb56b6d1855d970e4.PNG

Try this...

Press and hold the Mute button for 25 seconds

After releasing the mute button wait another 15 seconds

Now try powering on and charging the headset

That didn’t work. It seems like the headset is charging only to like 5 percent and then nothing further, and the headset doesn’t recognize that it’s plugged in via USB at all.

• 6 months later...
I needed to file an RMA. It was actually a very easy process. Get your receipt and have that and the serial number ready. Then you ship back the headset and when they receive it they send you a new one. Mine was discontinued so I got upgraded for free.