Corsair Community

Vengeance1500 mute button

sqpantz

I have just purchased this headset and have installed the latest drivers from your website. I am just beginning to fiddle with the functionality of the unit and have come across what appears to be a problem. The mute button does not appear to work properly. :(: The light turns red when the button is depressed, but the sound is not muted. I wouldn't think there are any tricks to getting a basic button to function, but I've been wrong so many times before and it never hurts to be sure.

Any response, advice, feedback, snide remark, etc. will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Asking for snide remarks will always get a response. :)

The mute button should disable the microphone. But it does not mute sounds played back through the headset. Is this what you are referring to? Do you think it should mute sounds that it would otherwise play?

On a technical side it is impossible for that button to do anything effecting the playback of sounds. It is hardwired and controls only the microphone and/or the input side of the DAC.

Thanks for the responses guys. Yes, I was expecting the sound playback to cease when the mute button was pressed. After giving the unit a closer look I did notice the button has a little microphone icon with a line through it. :!oops:

At any rate it's good to know the unit is working as it should.

Now I'm off to figure out how to tweak these things to achieve the optimal settings for BF3 gaming!

Archived