Corsair Community

Corsair H100i RGB Platinum Installation Measurement Question?

rgray318

Hello again,

I am replacing my Fathers H80i inside his Antec 1200 v1. His two rear fans are just a few millimeters from the top of his case and I was never able to get the H80i installed into the top rear 120mm fan mount. So, on the new H100i RGB Plat I would like to know exactly how many millimeters above the fan does the Radiator protrude. In the pictures it looks like it sticks out at least an inch? Is this true? The Rad on the H80i was literally about 2 mm too high. How high is this H100i Rad protruding out?

Image below of what I mean. Thanks

EDIT: Also, can I leave the H80i's mounting hardware as it is, or do I need to use the H100i's new hardware for the same socket?

2xZ5Eki.jpg

Edited by rgray318

Hi rgray318,

From the edge of the housing to the top of the bracket that the fan mounts into is about 1.5cm.

The Platinum coolers use different mounting hardware for the CPU so you will have to swap it out for the new hardware.

Hope that helps, good luck with the build!

Edit: Wrong units sorry.

Edited by Corsair Mike

Hi rgray318,

From the edge of the housing to the top of the bracket that the fan mounts into is about 1.5mm.

The Platinum coolers use different mounting hardware for the CPU so you will have to swap it out for the new hardware.

Hope that helps, good luck with the build!

Thanks Mike for the reply, but the area I circled in red clearly looks FAR FAR more than 1.5mm. It looks closer to 25mm to 30mm to me. If not, then all of your pictures of this product are wrong. Below is a picture of my H80i and it clearly sticks up above the fan housing by 14mm. Surely the H100i isn't only 1.5mm.

Here is the current clearance for the H80i, it is exactly 14mm. But I need to know how far the H100i RGB Platinum sticks up past the fan?

gMlAlXzl.jpg

1.5 cm or 15 mm.

OK, thanks Mike. I didn't catch the cm part for some reason, sorry. Wow, that is far shallower than what it looks like in the pics (to me), but OK good to know. Sadly, we don't have that much clearance (only about 11 or 12mm max is my guess), so I guess I have to break out the dremel and mod the Case, or mount the rad in the front of this Antec 1200, which I really didn't want to do.

Thanks again

Rod

EDIT: Yeah you did say 1.5mm, not 1.5cm. But that's OK, thanks for the info.