Corsair Community

HELP Need clarification: Commander PRO / HUB Fans / Lighting node?!

A.WAYNE

Hi all,

So here, I'll invest in a Big configuration (I9 / RTX280S), but at the fan level I'm downright lost, I'll explain:

-I will take as a case a CORSAIR CARBIDE SPEC OMEGA RGB, in which is already provided 2 fans "HD120 RGB". I will add an AIO CORSAIR 110I RGB PLATINIUM. I also want to add at the same time 2 other fans HD120 RGB LED purchased individually and not in pack of 3 since I need only two.

And the famous question is:

- How to synchronize all this? What hardware do I need to manage/synchronize the 4 HD120 RGB fans and 110I watercooling with the ICUE software? (So ​​6 fans in total)

At least in terms of lighting, not the speed of rotation of the fans etc ...

-Do I need to commander PRO? Or only lighting Node pro? Or simply HUB FANS? I saw that a node was already present in the box OMEGA SPEC RGB, but it has only two taken?

-I also read somewhere that ICUE could not handle fans of different models too, so I could not sync the HD120 and the AIO together? Because in the AIO is ML PRO 120 I think ....

If a charitable soul would want to help me understand and understand all this, I will be very grateful to him. Sorry, I know it's a rough draft; I did the best I could.

Thanks you very much, and sorry for my bad English .

Start with the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.

IIRC, the Spec Omega comes with a Lighting Node Pro and RGB Fan LED Hub. But it may only have the push button controller; it's been a while. Certainly, you appear to be confusing the Node Pro with the Fan Hub (not uncommon in the least). The FAQ has photos and descriptions of all of the various devices.

And, yes, with iCUE you can sync all of your Corsair devices.

Ok thanks to you ! and thank you for your quick response too.

I looked a little bit some links you quoted me, but it's complicated because I do not speaking English basic

So concretely what do I need as additional hardware with this case for this configuration that I want?(4HD120 and H100I RGB PL)

Thanks you very much

"Spec Omega RGB : Supplied Devices, 1 x Spec Omega edition Lighting Node Pro. This differs from a Normal Lighting Node pro as it's LED channel 1 is set to power the front chassis lighting's 30 LED's, it appears in iCUE as the Spec Omega rather than a normal Lighting Node Pro.

2 x HD 120 RGB Fans, 1 x RGB Fan LED Hub"

So, if I understand correctly, I do not need to buy anything more? All is already included in the case ?

After installing my 2x additional HD120 RGB LED in the spec omega rgb case, I just to plug them on the ports 3 and 4 of the included HUB FANS case, which I configure then with ICUE?

As for the watercooling, I will also manage a side with also ICUE? I have good?

HD fans were the first ones released and they came with a small thumb sized remote control that let you shuffle through basic color patterns. That was the industry standard at the time - no software required. Of course, the software changed things considerably and the capabilities are massively increased, along with control of everything else including things like brightness or hue. All other fans require software, but the HD are still capable of running without.

If for whatever reason the thumb remote is included, you will want to remove it. The place it connects on the LNP is the same place it needs to connect to something else. You can't run both. Software is the only way to go.