Corsair Community

Corsair H115 AIO pump noise

wzrd

Hi I recentlygot Corsair AIO.

I tried to change profile and found its rpm is spiking downward in Quiet mode like 2000 to 900 occasionally. And it is making intermittent jumping and rattling noise which is like HD seeking. The temps for pump and CPU are quite normal and steady.

Is this behavior common in this model?

Thanks.

Edited:

https://streamable.com/xsfel

Unremovable pump noise happens at the speed of Balanced mode and is different from either Performance mode or that of Quiet mode. The noise is rather noticeable as it is ckicky type. The moving parts in the case is only AIO. PSU fan doesn’t spin all the time.

Actually, I installed same model before this one. The pump noise disappeared in a few hours of initial run and dead silent except hum noise.

I tried to run Performance mode and Quiet mode repeatedly, tilt and shake PC while running, run PC laid down and move two hoses. It ran 14hours by now.

Will it go away with more test run?

Edited by wzrd

Contact Support through "Support Ticket System" link in the header above. Rattling and pump speed drops are not part of the deal.

Do you think both aren’t relating to this issue?:confused: Pump’s Performance mode is actually quieter than Balanced mode.

Edited by wzrd

The video didn't link, but it is not uncommon for someone with a wonky pump to report the higher speed makes less noise. Usually that means something with the pump's bearings is off, but troubleshooting is unnecessary. It can't be fixed without a motor rebuild and that isn't something you do.

Standard troubleshooting advice is to make sure the motherboard header powering the fan is set to 100%/disabled or otherwise provides a full 12v to the pump. However, the "HDD clicking" stuff suggests other issues and swinging RPM is a problem. I wouldn't wait too long. These things usually get worse, not better.

The video didn't link, but it is not uncommon for someone with a wonky pump to report the higher speed makes less noise. Usually that means something with the pump's bearings is off, but troubleshooting is unnecessary. It can't be fixed without a motor rebuild and that isn't something you do.

Standard troubleshooting advice is to make sure the motherboard header powering the fan is set to 100%/disabled or otherwise provides a full 12v to the pump. However, the "HDD clicking" stuff suggests other issues and swinging RPM is a problem. I wouldn't wait too long. These things usually get worse, not better.

Yes I tried to change the CPU fan voltage control in bios.

It looks like I got an unlucky one :(:

Thank you for your sharing knowledge. It helped.