Corsair Community

firmware update fail to load to h115i platinum

jakigui

Hi everyone,

We pulled the most recent firmware update from iCue due to a pump speed discrepancy on the last update. I spoke to our cooling and software team and this is normal when there is no FW to flash.

No need to worry we should have a new version up soon.

• 1 month later...

Bought a brand new h115i Platinum a week ago. Installed, it booted, RGB working. Showed in iCUE. There was a Firmware update. The firmware update failed over and over again. I decided to stop trying the update.

I reboot my computer.

All RGB is off, iCUE does not recognize H115i Platinum.

Im screwed.

Bought a brand new h115i Platinum a week ago. Installed, it booted, RGB working. Showed in iCUE. There was a Firmware update. The firmware update failed over and over again. I decided to stop trying the update.

I reboot my computer.

Im screwed.

Contact support. They were able to sort out my corrupt firmware on H115i Platinum without the need for an RMA.

Can you share exactly what steps you took to fix your issue? I have tried contacting support via phone email and twitter and I get no response. As far as I’m concerned there is no such thing as Corsair support (at least this week so far).

You can help out a lot of people in this community if you share how you fixed your problem. Thanks.

Can you share exactly what steps you took to fix your issue? I have tried contacting support via phone email and twitter and I get no response. As far as I’m concerned there is no such thing as Corsair support (at least this week so far).

You can help out a lot of people in this community if you share how you fixed your problem. Thanks.

I have sent you a PM, I assume that corsair has its reason to not simply post the steps on this forum.

OKAY!

So I appear to also have this problem with my h115i.

Started computer up today, fans immediately full blast, and getting error during boot about cpu fan setting in bios.

Set cpu fan to ignore in bios, was able to fully boot into Windows. Fan speed on h115i still at maximum.

Check iQUE, cooler is missing.

Check device manager, h115i is not showing:

UOWd5NX.png

but checking with USBDeview shows it:

SfXq6U6.png

I have tried uninstalling the USB drivers for windows to re-install upon reboot. No joy.

I have tried uninstalling iCUE and rolling back to a previous version. No joy.

What is one to do? Why have there been no responses to these repeated issues by Corsair in these, their forums?

Can we please be given a way to roll back our firmware that has been obviously bricked by bad firmware update?

All of my peripherals, AIO coolers, RAM, PSUs, and Cases in my 4 PCs are corsair, but this is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth, and now am thinking of avoiding all corsair products in future, and warning away all of my friends.

Edited by Rengrave

Here I thought I was going insane. I have the exact same problem as Rengrave describes.

2700x/Asus Crosshair VII Hero

Installed my new H100i Platinum last night. All seemed to work fine at first few boots. Installed iCue, got a question to Update firmware. I accepted, and afterwards my computer starts with no pump or fan LEDs active. Both fans running full tilt, and temp in BIOS reaching 80C (pump not running it seems).. Do I need to RMA this thing or is there a fix to this bad firmware available?

• 1 month later...
Got an update prompt for firmware on the H115i Platinum, update failed, pump stopped, CPU went to 95c, I had to shutdown windows and the PC. After I booted again, fans are at 100% speed, revving like crazy. pump seems working again, temps are below 40c idle, but the H115i and all its settings are gone from the iCUE, and RGB lights are off. And a constant USB disconnect warning sound is heard. I'm really sad right now. I contacted support and waiting for their response.

• 4 weeks later...
Got an update prompt for firmware on the H115i Platinum, update failed, pump stopped, CPU went to 95c, I had to shutdown windows and the PC. After I booted again, fans are at 100% speed, revving like crazy. pump seems working again, temps are below 40c idle, but the H115i and all its settings are gone from the iCUE, and RGB lights are off. And a constant USB disconnect warning sound is heard. I'm really sad right now. I contacted support and waiting for their response.

Hey mate, have you found a fix for it?

The exact same thing just happened to me.

• 5 weeks later...

I reboot my computer.

Im screwed.

Were you able to fix it?? What steps did you take? I’m on my second H115i, bricked fresh outta the box after the firmware update attempt!

Hello, I'm having the exact same problem as below. Has there been any solution. This is very disapointing. I have all Corsair gear and I bought this H115 just to match everything else.

I reboot my computer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have that same problem. All profile settings have been deleted. h115i lights do not light even if I install a profile

Hello, I'm having the exact same problem as below. Has there been any solution. This is very disapointing. I have all Corsair gear and I bought this H115 just to match everything else.

I reboot my computer.

I've encountered the same problem too. This is my second H115i. I returned the first because of the constant disconnect sound. The second did the same. Tried updating firmware and the update failed. What a waste of time. I'm done with Corsair. Returning this and will be returning my Virtuoso headphones as well and getting the hell away from this crap. You lost a customer Corsair.

• 3 weeks later...

ANy updates on this?

I'm having the exact same issue with my H100i platinum - Firmware update did not complete - tried to give it 2 hours but eventually had to go to bed and next day nothing.

Rebooted and now the cooler is not being detected in iCUE or in device manager.

Hopefully there is a fix that can be enacted without having to RMA it.....

• 1 month later...

Same thing just happened to me with my brand new h100i. Firmware update must have failed, pump and fan lights are off, fans spinning at full speed, and the Windows Device Manager keeps detecting/removing something every few seconds. iCue no longer recognizes or lists the h100i at all, and I can't figure out a way to force a firmware update by command prompt. The geniuses at Corsair apparently made iCue the only way to do so.

Total fail, system now dead in the water until I can return/exchange this garbage. Awesome.