Corsair Community

TX650 dies unexpectedely

Retalak

So I just put together my new PC (with some old parts from my previous build). I had it up last night and left it on to install my games after reinstalling windows 7. I then woke the next morning to be greeted by a powered off PC, and without considering what the reason could be, I turned it back on. I then heard a very loud POP and smelled a burning component. The PSU is less than two years old and decided to cut out on me.

Note: I have already started the RMA process, I just want to understand why this is such a popular problem with TX650's (a simple google search of "TX650 died" will provide you pages and pages of posts about TX650's exploding for no apparent reason and dying out much faster than they should.

:[pouts:

i just did the same query but i didnt get pages and pages of the same issue but for the sake of clarification,one can do the same request on any popular selling item and come up with like results so such a query isnt very reliable as any product will have issues...

this is the reason for warranties.

Note: I have already started the RMA process, I just want to understand why this is such a popular problem with TX650's (a simple google search of "TX650 died" will provide you pages and pages of posts about TX650's exploding for no apparent reason and dying out much faster than they should.

Corsair sells over 150,000 PSU's a month. Unfortunately your going to have failures with that high of a volume of sales. Multiply that by how many months and sure you'll probably come up with lots of Google hits. And failures of every kind!

I just love this day and age where Google is the answer to all problems!....NOT! :P

I made a RMA for my blown TX650, it was approved, and I sent it in. USPS notified me it arrived on the 6th. I very clearly remember seeing Corsair saying I would be updated on my RMA within 1-3 days of them receiving it. Then yesterday I spoke to an agent in the chat, she said she saw that it arrived and would comment soon on my RMA about it. That was more than a day ago now and I'm starting to get annoyed. When will I get updated on this? I'm so bored without my PC. :[pouts:

Hi retalak please note the header at the top of the forums,Corsair is experiencing a high volume of tickets from the Holidays. The message you received is an auto generated response. Even though it was delivered on the 6th it will still take a few days to log your RMA into the system and process the return of your new one. Given the time line I would say it's right on time.

After my RMA getting approved, I sent out my blown TX650 on the 4th. It arrived on the 6th, and the message I got told me it would be 1-3 days after Corsair receives it that a new one would be sent back. On the 10th I asked by I hadn't gotten any info on it, the live help employee told me "soon". Then on the 15th I talked to someone who said it would be sent out in 1-2 days and I would be updated on it when it did. Here we are 3 days later! I'm extremely pissed at this point and want to talk to someone who can give me a serious answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived