Corsair Community

(Please Help) Fans Staying on after shutdown

Russellr1994

I am having an issue with my fans staying on after I shut my computer down. The weird thing is it is only my Corsair fans on my H115i platinum aio. After I shut the system down the LEDs go from rainbow to red and they start stuttering until they eventually begin to spin at a very low rpm. My case fans are hooked up to the controller that came with my case and both the controller and the aio are hooked up to the motherboard. I'm just really nervous with this being my first build. Has this happened to anyone else and is it dangerous to leave my PC plugged in? I just don't want to burn fry anything like the CPU or GPU.

Also worth noting that this was not an issue with my other mother board (I ordered the mini version of my current board by mistake). When I had it installed everything seemed to be working fine with no fan issues after shutdown.

Edited by Russellr1994
Additional information

Hi Russellr1994,

Here are a couple of things to try.

It's always a good idea to check your drivers to make sure they are all working and there.

It might be related to windows fast startup. If that is enabled the system never fully shuts down and is known to cause all kinds of weird behavior. You can check if this is enabled in Control Panel>Power Options>Choose what the power buttons do. Check for Turn of fast startup. If it is enabled, click Change settings that are currently unavailable, click the check box by Turn of fast startup save and reboot. You can then check if it solved the problem with a shutdown. If not I would reach out to customer support at support.corsair.com

Hey Corsair Mike

I just wanted to let you know I did some more research today and found out it wasn't the aio at all. It's kind of a perfect storm of things that don't work together well. So long story short if I have the drgb header from my case plugged into my motherboard that is what's causing the issues. I actually found a Reddit thread with quite a few other people having these issues. I'm not sure if it is against the rules to link that here or not but it may be helpful to you when giving advice to others with similar problems

• 1 year later...
Hey Corsair Mike

I just wanted to let you know I did some more research today and found out it wasn't the aio at all. It's kind of a perfect storm of things that don't work together well. So long story short if I have the drgb header from my case plugged into my motherboard that is what's causing the issues. I actually found a Reddit thread with quite a few other people having these issues. I'm not sure if it is against the rules to link that here or not but it may be helpful to you when giving advice to others with similar problems

This fixed my issue. My pc kept crashing on sleep with red rgb on h100i platinum SE.

Can you DM me the reddit link?