Corsair Community

LL120 never shutdown

kladen

Hi,

recently bought/install the LL120 3pack fan in my system. I used the hub and nod that came in the box to set it up.

They all light up nicely and quietly cool my case but when I shutdown my PC (using shutdown in windows menu) all fan ramp up in RPM and keep turning/being lite on.

I disabled fast start in windows and tried to find any option in BIOS to stop any power to the usb header, but ain't seeing anything (MSI x470 gaming pro)

Anyone ever had same experience as me? Quite annoying having to turn off my PSU every time.

I did try with/without Icue program installed. No change whatsoever. Fan and light always on when the computer is shutdown.

thank in advance

Regarding the fan speed ramp up ... where do you have the fans connected? To the motherboard? Of so, that's where you need to look/ask about the fan speed issue.

As for the lighting ... when iCue is inactive, it'll be in Rainbow Mode (aka Unicorn Vomit). This should, however, power off when the system powers off.. Is that not what's happening? Do you have the fan hub connected to the MSI JCORSAIR connector?

Hi,

fan are connected to the MOBO with 4 pin connector and they are set to PWN in bios. I don't have a Jcorsair port so the Node pro is connected to the 9-pin usb header.

When my PC is on, the fan speed is correctly controlled. Has the system shutdown its when they ramp up as if they were just fully powered.

For the ligthning, I'm ok with them staying rainbow, its the never shutting part that annoy me.

So ... the rampup on shutdown is coming from your motherboard's fan controller. That's not Corsair. Fans don't just magically override a control signal because the system is shutting down. TBH, the fan doesn't even "know" that the system is shutting down; it's just responding to a control signal from your motherboard.

And do the lights stay on after the system is powered off or not? That's still not clear to me.

What happens if you pull the plug when you shut it down?

It really sounds like you are getting +5V standby power when shut down, which isn't right. Again, that's not the fans. When you shut the system down, the 5V SATA rail should also shut down. This puts a quick end to any lighting. But that's apparently not happening.

The lights are fed by the SATA connection, so honestly it sounds like you have a case of the computer not really shutting down. The PSU should need to still be providing power to SATA, which implies that the mobo still has it fully live even if little power is being used. That's much more than standby there.

This is the kind of thing that can happen if the system works to shut down but fails to trigger the power transition. On Windows, that's usually an indication of something bad going on with the kernel or a driver.

• 1 year later...
Sorry to revive such an old post but I am having some similar issues and wondering what happened. Fans stay lit red after shutdown. They also start sputtering a bit until they start actually spinning at a very low rpm. I'm hoping there is an answer that isn't my mother board being messed up. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Sorry to revive such an old post but I am having some similar issues and wondering what happened. Fans stay lit red after shutdown. They also start sputtering a bit until they start actually spinning at a very low rpm. I'm hoping there is an answer that isn't my mother board being messed up. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you find the resolution to this issue? I am having the exact same issue as you.